Barrett: The definitive visual companion to the life of Syd Barrett
Links – Order book from Barrett Book website for delivery in Spring 2011 | Previous Syd Barrett Book of Rare Images by Russell Beecher | Multimedia > Syd Barrett Pictures | Syd Barrett Artwork | Syd Barrett Auction images from 2006
Exhibition > The book will be launched alongside a month-long exhibition at the prestigious Idea Generation Gallery in London. Get the NPF Newsletter for news on that.
It comes in Classic and Signature editions and looks like a must have book for all Syd Barrett fans! The quality of the content and the physical finish of the book looks second to none and looks like an excellent investment and a great treat to look forward to in 2011!
There is a very nice website to showcase the book so go have a look at what you could have on the Barrett Book website.
About Barrett Book
Barrett is a premium quality, large format book, produced using the finest materials. It is full of unseen and rare images of Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd. It collects and catalogues for the first time artworks and photographs by Syd himself.
The book has been made in conjunction with the Barrett family and access to the family art and photograph archive, and their recollections have combined to show a new picture of Syd the creative, revealing a man who was a dedicated, practising artist throughout his life.
The book splits into three sections:
- Syd’s life in photographs – from growing up through to working and performing with Pink Floyd and his life as a solo artist.
- Unseen and unpublished illustrated letters sent to Libby Gausden-Chisman and Jenny Spires between 1962-1965, as Syd was finding himself as a painter and a musician.
- All of Syd’s existing work as a visual artist from 1962 until his death.
The book contains over 250 images. These include:
- Over 100 completely unseen images and many more reproduced in fine art quality for the first time.
- Over 40 artworks including: paintings, drawings, mosaics, collages, and sculptures.
- Over 50 unseen photographs taken by Syd of his artworks, including: images of his “destroyed” works seen here for the first time, studies in preparation for his artworks, images of his work area.
The Art section also includes:
- An extensive commentary on Syd’s artworks by Barrett art expert Will Shutes.
- Notes on Syd’s diaries, notebooks, scrapbooks, and his History of Art project.
- The Catalogue Raisonné of Syd’s art – listing and dating all the artwork known to have existed.
Book Launch and Exhibition
The book will be published in March 2011 in two editions and will be launched alongside a month-long exhibition at the prestigious Idea Generation Gallery in London. Get the NPF Newsletter for news on that.
Both editions of the book are now available for purchase prior to publication.
As a “thank you” to those of you who order prior to publication, we have a Roll of Honour here on the website showing the names of all the individuals who helped make the book happen.
If you wish to order before December 15, will your name will also be printed in the Roll of Honour in the book itself.
Source [ Russell Beecher ]