un-official, un-sung, un-members of Pink Floyd.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ArastasHatchet
Axe
Axe

Re: un-official, un-sung, un-members of Pink Floyd.

Post by ArastasHatchet »

DarkSideFreak wrote:
ArastasHatchet wrote:do you agree or not, and please, feel free to add anybody i may have forgot to mention...
Guy Pratt (Bassist), Claire Torrey (Great Gig...), Roy Harper (duh, have a cigar), Dick Parry (PF's go-to guy for saxaphone), the guy who did their original psycadelic light-show thingy in the early days, Storm Thorgerson (say no more), Alan Parsan (via alans psycadelic breakfast and other reasons), Madmiossel Nobbs (aka Seamus the dog), Bob Geldof ( for his small but important contribution hahalol)
thats all i can think of at this very moment, and im sure im forgetting someone. But im sure yous out there can get down with this one, and will surely fill in my empty spaces. i have high hopes for this and am fearless of the outcome.

for now, goodbye cruel world lmao

p.s.- Ooooh what about Gilmour's wife??? Many lyrics on the Division Bell album were written by her. And now you know...........if ya didnt already lol
Though it's Alan Stiles (roadie) who's having breakfast, not Alan Parsons...

you may be right, but I'm at least pretty damn sure that the two bands (Pink & Parson's) were definitely aquainted lol
Last edited by ArastasHatchet on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArastasHatchet
Axe
Axe

Post by ArastasHatchet »

AtomHeartBrother wrote:No love for Bob Ezrin?

- He co-produced The Wall, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, and The Division Bell. He played keyboards on all three albums, including "Nobody Home" and "Stop".
- He's got a co-writing credit for "The Trial" on The Wall and probably co-wrote more than that on the album.
- He also co-wrote "Signs of Life", "Take It Back", and a personal favorite of mine "Learning to Fly".
- He's responsible for "Comfortably Numb" as we know it, combining Roger Waters' lyrics with David Gilmour's melody and guitar.
- Good or bad, he's the one who made "Another Brick In The Wall Part 2" into a hit.

There's definitely some participatory greatness there and later Floyd would definitely sound different had he not been involved.

What do y'all think?

I agree entirely. but shouldnt then Alan Parker be mentioned, if only for his creative input and vision-realized of Roger's baby (the wall), and Adrian Miadien for Pompeii?
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

ArastasHatchet wrote:
DarkSideFreak wrote: Though it's Alan Stiles (roadie) who's having breakfast, not Alan Parsons...

you may be right, but I'm at least pretty damn sure that the two bands (Pink & Parson's) were definitely aquainted lol
Oh don't get me wrong Alan Parsons' input as a co-producer (though he was only credited as engineer) on DSOTM was hugely important. And to some degree the Alan Parsons Project albums continue the sound and style of that, even if Eric Woolfson's songs are a bit rooted in a different direction. By the way, I'll be seeing AP with his current band in a few weeks :)
johnjohnstone
Knife
Knife

Post by johnjohnstone »

Juliette Gale, Bob Klose, Davy O'List, Clive Brooks, Durga McBroom, Gary Wallis, Tim Renwick, Candy Dulfer, Jon Carin, Sam Brown, Vicky Brown, Michael Kamen, Scott Page to name a few more ...
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Bob Klose because when he left the band changed musical direction.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Bob Klose because when he left the band changed musical direction.
AndrewJFisher
Axe
Axe

Post by AndrewJFisher »

johnjohnstone wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 9:00 am Vicky Brown
Interesting, I didn't know Vicki had sung with Floyd. I know her mainly as a singer for Tom Parker's The New London Chorale in the late '70s and '80s. New London Chorale are really popular in Holland and my dutch friend introduced me to them. Madeline Bell sang with Vicki in New London Chorale and they both sang on Radio K.A.O.S.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
The Vicki connection is two-way ... David appears on her 'Lady of Time' and the 'About Love and Life' albums. Vicki was backing for Pink Floyd at 'Earls Court' in May 1973, she guested at The Red Baloon Ball with David in 1989 and appeared with Pink Floyd at Knebworth in 1990. Her solo work includes vocals on the 'About Face' album (just the Cruise track) and as noted above several tracks on Radio K.A.O.S ... finally, an interesting connection is she was also on her daughter, Sam Brown's, album 'Stop!' with David Gilmour.

PS, Madeline Bell also guested on 'The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking' as the Hells Angel Girlfriend.
AndrewJFisher
Axe
Axe

Post by AndrewJFisher »

twcc wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:33 pm ^^^
The Vicki connection is two-way ... David appears on her 'Lady of Time' and the 'About Love and Life' albums. Vicki was backing for Pink Floyd at 'Earls Court' in May 1973, she guested at The Red Baloon Ball with David in 1989 and appeared with Pink Floyd at Knebworth in 1990. Her solo work includes vocals on the 'About Face' album (just the Cruise track) and as noted above several tracks on Radio K.A.O.S ... finally, an interesting connection is she was also on her daughter, Sam Brown's, album 'Stop!' with David Gilmour.

PS, Madeline Bell also guested on 'The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking' as the Hells Angel Girlfriend.
I remember "Stop!" in the late '80s when it was a hit down here. I didn't know Sam was Vicki's daughter, but after seeing that they both sang for Floyd, I assumed they were related. "Cruise"...that's the one that I thought sounded in parts like Mark Knopfler's "Going Home:Theme of the Local Hero", but with vocals.

Madeline Bell also sang on Gary Wright's Extraction(1971) possibly my favourite ever album.
Thunderbolt_A10
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Thunderbolt_A10 »

snifferdog wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 6:51 pm Bob Klose because when he left the band changed musical direction.
This, it was one of the big signs that stuff was about to change in the band.
I, fortunately enough, do like the post-change albums as well, but that's a little bit like enjoying a different band, or listening to these solo albums from people who belonged to a famous band before and started doing their own music.