Pink Floyd - Pulse (4xLP, 1995), Misprint!?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
leinad
Embryo
Embryo

Pink Floyd - Pulse (4xLP, 1995), Misprint!?

Post by leinad »

Hello Together,

years ago I bought the album box Pink Floyd - Pulse (4xLP, Label:EMI United Kingdom, Cat.-No.: 7243 8 32700 1 9, from 1995) at the flea market! A real bargain for 40€ at that time .... :-)
Now a real treasure!

Yesterday I have taken the good piece for the first time properly under the magnifying glass.
Really great!
However, I noticed that the book is bound the wrong way around. Means the pages are rotated 180 degrees to the cover ...

Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I find it very strange. Or do I have a "misprint"!

Surely, someone has the box at home and can see if this is the same there.

Greets
Dan

P.S Hope you can see the error on the picture ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Niebla de Fuego
Axe
Axe

Re: Pink Floyd - Pulse (4xLP, 1995), Misprint!?

Post by Niebla de Fuego »

Mine is bound the correct way, same as others I've seen. Yours is indeed a production mistake.

Here's a video showing a side by side comparison of the 1995 and 2018 releases. It also shows the 1995 book correctly bound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqPNkt_cysk&t=219s
leinad
Embryo
Embryo

Post by leinad »

Thanks for the answer... and the video.
Indeed - Something seems to have gone wrong with the production of my book.
So a kind of "Blue Mauritius"...?

Someone a clue whether the box then has an added value compared to a normal box?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by leinad on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

that's why it is better to download PDF's than buying books.
Niebla de Fuego
Axe
Axe

Post by Niebla de Fuego »

leinad wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:56 pm ...
Someone a clue whether the box then has an added value compared to a normal box?
The value of an object is something pretty subjective. And it depends on what the owner believes it is worth, and what a potential buyer is willing to pay.

It may happen than some hardcore Pink Floyd collector is willing to pay thousands of dollars for that mistake that escaped quality control. You only need to find him. And he only needs to find you.

But for some other people those production mistakes are worth nothing. After all, what value is there in having something that is not made the way it was supposed to?

To find out you if your box is valued higher or lower than the correctly manufactured ones, it is better to consult with record dealers and collectors who specialize in collectibles of that kind. And always try to get a second and third opinion to have a clearer idea.

Who knows, maybe it is a very strange collectible and may sell for many thousands. Or may be not. After all, is a book in a record box, not a 100 year-old misprint stamp.