Meeting Pink Floyd?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Decampos,you know Dave is your favorite.Where would you be without him.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

About two years ago, PF did the unthinkable and reunited with Roger for a special ONE TIME ONLY show in the backyard of the duplex compound I lived in at the time. This spectacular show went on for the entire weekend as the band started with Arnold Layne and then went on to play every song from every album (including all the live albums and compilation albums, so some songs got played several times) IN SEQUENCE!!!!

I got to jam with them at the rehearsals, we played a couple of Pearl Jam songs and Gilmour accompanied me on a really nice acoustic performance of Johnny Cash's Ring Of Fire. But it wasn't until we started playing Ice Ice Baby that Rick really got into the keyboard playing bit.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to jam with the band at the show itself.

This is the famous show that decimated about three quarters of the nearby Shawnee National Forest...which the band were nice enought to plant new trees in to replace the ones disintegrated by the gold lasers.

The really funny thing was when Kitmo came three days after the show to remove the portable latrines. Inside one was Bong...still screaming "Play King Bee man!!! PLAY KING BEE!!!!!!!!!" and then he passed out with a lit joint still in his hands.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

mosespa wrote:About two years ago, PF did the unthinkable and reunited with Roger for a special ONE TIME ONLY show in the backyard of the duplex compound I lived in at the time. This spectacular show went on for the entire weekend as the band started with Arnold Layne and then went on to play every song from every album (including all the live albums and compilation albums, so some songs got played several times) IN SEQUENCE!!!!

I got to jam with them at the rehearsals, we played a couple of Pearl Jam songs and Gilmour accompanied me on a really nice acoustic performance of Johnny Cash's Ring Of Fire. But it wasn't until we started playing Ice Ice Baby that Rick really got into the keyboard playing bit.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to jam with the band at the show itself.

This is the famous show that decimated about three quarters of the nearby Shawnee National Forest...which the band were nice enought to plant new trees in to replace the ones disintegrated by the gold lasers.

The really funny thing was when Kitmo came three days after the show to remove the portable latrines. Inside one was Bong...still screaming "Play King Bee man!!! PLAY KING BEE!!!!!!!!!" and then he passed out with a lit joint still in his hands.
I hope they release that on DVD soon :D
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

you're definitely lying. In some interview Roger said he'd never ever ever play 'Atom Heart Mother' live again.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

decampos wrote:you're definitely lying. In some interview Roger said he'd never ever ever play 'Atom Heart Mother' live again.
He said he wouldnt play that album live for a million pounds!! :-) :lol:
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Everyone has their price I suppose, I still don't believe it though.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

decampos wrote:Everyone has their price I suppose, I still don't believe it though.
That is your choice. I have a interview (auduio radio show) where he says it as clear as day. I believe it as I heard him say it.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

kjnpf wrote:
decampos wrote:Everyone has their price I suppose, I still don't believe it though.
That is your choice. I have a interview (auduio radio show) where he says it as clear as day. I believe it as I heard him say it.
Yes, I know he said it. They played that exact bit of the interview on the very pro-gilmour 'Omnibus' Floyd documentary on BBC television in 1994. What I don't believe is the Floyd reunion with the classic lineup 2 years ago. Surely I'd have heard about it. Are there any RoIOs available? I'd love to hear the Final Cut performances.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I thought that was what you meant after I posted my post!! Silly me. Definitely lies. :lol:
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

8) Ya..... I met mason and wright at a gas station in nevada in 89. They were taking a month and just driving around the states. Also met All 3 Gilmour , mason , wright after there show in St. paul Mn. In 94. Saw Waters in 2000, Yelled Remember Me! He waved. SAw montreal show in 77 and Got to say Hi To Roger after one of the Wall shows in califofnia. Also had a beer in 83 with a balding guy who acted weird and said his name was Roger Barrett. The same month Roger waters called me and offered me the keyboard job on the next floyd album he was going to do after the final cut. Honest this all really happened. SURE...... :lol:
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

mosespa wrote: The really funny thing was when Kitmo came three days after the show to remove the portable latrines. Inside one was Bong...still screaming "Play King Bee man!!! PLAY KING BEE!!!!!!!!!" and then he passed out with a lit joint still in his hands.
Roger didn't look really impressed when I was screaming out "play some Skynrd'' in a drunken rage. Good thing I was wearing goggles, I hear his spit burns people's eyes and causes permanent damage.
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

Roger on ATOM HEART MOTHER:

"If someone said to me, 'Here's a million pounds, go out and play Atom Heart Mother', i'd say 'You must be F***ing joking'. "

David on ATOM HEART MOTHER

"I listened to Atom Heart Mother recently, god it's s*it."

Nice to know they still agree on something :D
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

dgsyd1 wrote: David on ATOM HEART MOTHER

"I listened to Atom Heart Mother recently, god it's s*it."

Nice to know they still agree on something :D
on that bbc documentary, Dave described AHM as 'a bit of a mishmash'.

Personally, I like the bach-esque organ part with the cello running over it. Other than that it's pretty much dog-dirt.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

A long time ago, I was in my home making a cup of tea. I heard a knock on the door. It was none other than Pink Floyd asking if I could help them fix their car which had broken down right outside. I was quite good at punctures so I told them I'd help them only if they play a song for me. They immediately started setting up their instruments in my front room with all the giddy giggling and enthusiasm of a group of 11 year-old girls. Before they started to play Roger said to me 'We're just going to play whatever comes into our heads'. Do you know what they played? it was none other than 'Another Brick In the Wall (pt.2)'. I told them it's a hit for sure! They asked me if I meant it. I told them I did. shortly thereafter that song went on to be a number 1 smash on both sides of the Atlantic! I got a thank you card saying 'thanks decampos, you're the best'. I'm very proud.
Last edited by decampos on Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.