Please Discuss

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

NewEarthMud wrote:Give me a break!!

Better than Meddle?!! Have you lost your mind?!! Name me one song off of the Division Bell that you can honestly say is better than Fearless, Echoes, or One Of These Days

To say the Division Bell is better than Piper at the Gates of Dawn is THE MOST absurd thing I have ever heard in my life.

The Division Bell is a good album but c'mon here... get real. Since they went back to the 70's sound they should have re done the tune Money, changed the lyrics and changed the title to "We Love Money, Lets Go Make Some in Stadiums".

Division Bell, Momentary, and the tours that they done post Waters were all about money... the lyrics are watered down and the music is just a recreation of the past. Dave's voice and guitar skills are too damn good for him to be singing and playing songs like that under the name Pink Floyd. The record could have been better. Gilmour, Wright, and Mason are all too talented to put out records like that. Gilmour can still play the hell out of a guitar and sing his *farce* off as you can hear on What Do You Want From Me.

To say the record is BETTER than Piper and Meddle... very absurd and ridiculous.

You're entitled to your opinion, obviously, but that's like me saying that Roger's Kaos record is much better than Obscured By Clouds.
Again, there are other ways to get rid of your own frustrations. See a shrink ? Start a talk-discussinggroup with RPITI ? ...
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

You know, i don't really think theres much in it, both albums are nothing like as good as DSOTM and Piper was totally over rated. Both are 3 star cds.