Pink Floyd's Next Album (hoax.....I think)

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

my breakfast. wrote:
Dowie100 wrote: Hmm, may I point out an album called "The Divison Bell" and he did cowrite a few of the song lyrics on "On an Island" I forget which it was and don't have the cd with me.
With the Division Bell, why did Dave phone about 20 people to try and get him to write Floydian lyrics?!?!?! Not very original.

And the lyrics on the On an Island album, I get the feeling he was writing any old thing to fit the music! But of course that is just me, and hell, I think Bob Dylan is an average writer!
Not that I was in the studio but I think they just helped rather than wrote them for him. You do know that lots of lyrics are written by more than one person don't you?
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

crap Pink Floyd's would bring Paul McCartney to sing in for them.
Castellorizon..........
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Castellorizon.......... »

i dont think this is true as mush as i want it to be
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

I think its more likely they get back together and record a song or two for charity, but who knows.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Pink Floyd's Next Album (hoax.....I think)

Post by bong »

jambo wrote:Image

Looks pretty professional, except for "RogAr Waters" :lol:. Thoughts, comments?
Those things look like boobies.
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

Jambo where did you find that scan ?.I have a few boots with fake song names mainly from Italy.Never heard of those other people, Judith Broke is a Newspaper reporter .The only person I know called Sam Finn is an actor.Stentfort has to be a made up name I've never heard of anyone in the world called Stentfort.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Pink Floyd's Next Album (hoax.....I think)

Post by PublicImage »

bong wrote:Those things look like boobies.
Wow, they do! Only you would notice such a thing..
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I think it was on the AFG Forums.
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

I have a mad idea that this is a Roger Waters roio with fake titles which reference the title or lyrics of the songs.I have a roio with Welcome to the machine retitled to The Elevator.

1.set the cotrols for the Heart of the Sun.(Deep Horizon)
2.Welcome to the Machine(Titanic Drill)
3.Pigs on The Wing(Away from the Skies)
4.IF (Magnolia)
5.Gunners Dream (silent Victory)
6.In the Flesh (come and see)
7.wish you were here.(no heaven and Hell)
8.Shine on you crazy diamond or have a Cigar (stars)
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Those are REALLY stupid song names; especially "TITANIC DRILL". Even Gilmour would not have something so retarded on an album. Also, Pink Floyd tended to make these things called concept albums, and even though this is obviously fake (which is good, it would be depressing to think they had descended this far, anyway), the having two Gilmour tracks and having completely apposite and non-sensible names gives it away. Any track that Waters wrote would have a much better title than that, and unless the titles mean nothing in relation to the lyrics, there is no way that any of these songs could be related. This is a corneucopia of un-Floydness; it is hard to believe that anyone could think that this is a real Floyd album once the matter is thought about.

Still, it is very well done in terms of physical imagery; it even has staples in it. It would make some sense to be a wierd RoIO, just with retitled songs (though why anyone would do that is a mystery, but it still makes more sense than a new album alltogether.)
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

nemesis11f wrote:Any track that Waters wrote would have a much better title than that
Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk.

I think Titanic Drill is much better than that!
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

Slambient Expressway wrote:looks pretty stupid to me. Pink Floyd will never reunite for a studio album, that's been made quite clear, yet people still like to prattle on and make bullshit like this.
Don't say NEVER! Anything can happen. I still remain hopeful.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

my breakfast. wrote:
Dowie100 wrote: Hmm, may I point out an album called "The Divison Bell" and he did cowrite a few of the song lyrics on "On an Island" I forget which it was and don't have the cd with me.
With the Division Bell, why did Dave phone about 20 people to try and get him to write Floydian lyrics?!?!?! Not very original.

And the lyrics on the On an Island album, I get the feeling he was writing any old thing to fit the music! But of course that is just me, and hell, I think Bob Dylan is an average writer!
TDB David co-wrote all of the lyrics to songs he sang with Polly and some help from Nick Laird-Clowes on PA and TiB and DG wrote CBtL alone. The words to Rick's WTIO was supplied by Anthony Moore. At last count, only three people helped PF with lyrics on TDB in a co-writing role.
henno

Post by henno »

again, david is credited as writing only ONE song from the division bell....

i remember seeing a docu around the time of OAI being released where David admitts himself that hes terrible at writing lyrics, he says polly wrote most of the lyrics for OAI...
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

PublicImage wrote:
nemesis11f wrote:Any track that Waters wrote would have a much better title than that
Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk.

I think Titanic Drill is much better than that!
Keep in mind that "stethoscope" was written well before Waters' writing career blossomed.

As for "titanic drill"...well that's a horrible name for a song.