Worst Floyd songs

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
MissFloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MissFloyd »

bpmolder wrote:Does ANY band produce material that we like all of, 100 percent? I don't think so. For this reason, I prefer to look at the plus side, all the brilliant music we were so fortunate to be given and DO enjoy so much that it never gets dull or annoying after 35 years......that's a great creative force in and of itself.
i like everything from floyd, absolutely everything... as far as i listened... and i listened quite a lot :)
crunged
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Worst Floyd songs

Post by crunged »

MissFloyd wrote:
David Smith wrote:Ok, this is a topic to express my opinion on the worst floyd songs.

Here are the top 10 worst:

1) The New Machine- i reckon i've said enough about this.

2) Corporal Clegg- did anyone actually like that song?

3) Take thy stephecsope and walk- this was worse than bike.

4) Paranoid eyes- this barely had a tune to it.

5) Don't levae me now- this was nausiating. So bloody boring.

6) Bike- this was almost as bad as Take thy stepescope and walk.

7) If- this was sickeningly bad.

8) Alan's psychadelic brekfast- before you defend it, can anyone even remember how this song goes?

9) Take it back- glam rock song that should never have been written.

10) Bring the boys back home- what the bloody hell was that? It's a mess that should have been cut from the album and replaced with when the tiger's broke free.

so what do you all think are the worst songs?
i like corporal clegg, a lot :)
I love corporal clegg and to have Alans psychedelic breakfast in there is INSANE.....I love that tune, Atom heart mother easily on of my fave floyd albums.

Viva APB!!!!!!!!
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

well we can all see what everyone dislikes in the SURVIOVR game.

after all the albums are finished, i'll be doing the worst survivor. i'll take all the songs that were voted off first and put them into the one survivor and then we'll see what THE worst PF song is. :)
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

I dont like We Dont Need No Education. :wink:
A Syd Casualty
Axe
Axe

Post by A Syd Casualty »

Take It Back

Sub U2 pish.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

I'm voting for bring the boys back home. I'd say Vera, but some Roger fans like it. Bring the boys isn't even Pink Floyd; who's in it? does roger scream in the background? it's stupidity. it doesn't work. should've been cut. I don't care about the context of the story etc, it's rubbish. Makes Vera sound good.

honourable mention (no particular order): one slip, the trial, pigs on the wing (both of them), new machine, signs of life, parts of Pigs. I'm not considering anything pre-dark side as they didn't know better yet (or had produced such a successful album), the entire final cut (can't tell when songs/start end and the guitar solos don't fool me).
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I don't like One Slip, and Louder than Words.

Overall I am a DG fan, including DG led PF, but there are a couple of clunkers.
Bluenose
Axe
Axe

Post by Bluenose »

Can't be arsed trawling through 13 pages, so apologies if it's already been mentioned before. The studio album on Ummagumma. Absolute shite - EVERY single track! I played the cd a couple of months ago for the 1st time in about 3 years - just awful! Really like the live album though.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

on the turning away and Dogs of war are on the bottom of the list
Luca
Axe
Axe

Post by Luca »

Dogs of War is too often quoted in the worst song lists, but why? Let's forget the cheesy lyrics: it has a great guitar part, great hammond and, yes, great sax. One thing I never understood is why Rick Wright didn't have space for solos or more creative playing (like Bill Payne or whoever was the organist on the album): in concerts he seemed happy to coast while Gilmour and Page were soloing.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Luca wrote:I never understood is why Rick Wright didn't have space for solos or more creative playing (like Bill Payne or whoever was the organist on the album): in concerts he seemed happy to coast while Gilmour and Page were soloing.
He was riding their shirt tails and only in the band to make it more valid
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

drafsack wrote:
Luca wrote:I never understood is why Rick Wright didn't have space for solos or more creative playing (like Bill Payne or whoever was the organist on the album): in concerts he seemed happy to coast while Gilmour and Page were soloing.
He was riding their shirt tails and only in the band to make it more valid
no he wasnt he was being paid in those 1987 shows and sessions as due to legal reasons thanks to Roger he was not officially back in the band until 1988 once all the legal stuff had been settled.
jmoog
Embryo
Embryo

Re:

Post by jmoog »

David Smith wrote:Damn, i forgot to say, one of the worst floyd songs that i've never mentioned up until now (or have i?) is the song San Tropez. What a mess that song was, how did Roger make the jump from that to DSOTM? It was poorly written and everything about it was average at best.

This is just to keep the original topic alive by the way.
I tend to agree about San Tropez. I don't dislike it as much as I once did but to me, it sticks out like a sore thumb on Meddle. I think it's probably the weakest Floyd track from the 67' to 72' era.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Quicksilver from More.
Some great songs on that album but the instrumental stuff is really dated. And then you come to Quicksilver.
ArastasHatchet
Axe
Axe

Post by ArastasHatchet »

Well I really hate to say anything bad about any Floyd album or song, but I’d kinda have to lean towards the whole of the “More” soundtrack. I really only ever watched the movie once and only put the album in a few times in all. But I really don’t blame them though. They were told to compose a score for a foreign movie that they had no clue what it was about and therefore put as little effort into it as possible. Well at least I wouldn’t bust my ass on that movie for another minute than I absolutely had to. I mean, has anyone else actually tried watching it ever? It’s bloody torture haha