PINK FLOYD ATOM HEART MOTHER WITH DEEP PURPLE LABEL

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Matski
Embryo
Embryo

PINK FLOYD ATOM HEART MOTHER WITH DEEP PURPLE LABEL

Post by Matski »

I have a very rare copy of Pink Floyd’s Atom Heart Mother. Side B has a label from Deep Purple In Rock. Think something went wrong at the pressing plant. Both albums were released in 1970 around the same time. Atom Heart Mother was probably pressed after In Rock. Assumedly a label was still stuck in the machine.
I work in music-bizz. Know how vinyl’s are pressed. The label does not get glued on later, but pressed in the lump of vinyl at the same time the record is pressed. As it hardens out the label is stuck very well forever. This label is for sure pressed in the record like that. It’s not a trick.
The vinyl is German made, Horzu-Harvest-EMI Catalogue no. Pink Floyd: SHZE 297. Catalogue no. Deep Purple: SHZE 288. Year: 1970.
Bought the record somewhere in the 70ties. Did not notice the wrong label on side B in the store. Figured it out at home. The record is in my collection since than.
Searched the complete web in links from both bands. No info what so ever about a similar factory mistake. Think I have the one and only Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother with Deep Purple In Rock label on side B, in the whole world.
Does anyone know more about this, heard about other copies that have the same, or has more info?
Sorry tried to make a clearer picture. I’m not a great photographer.
Deep Pink 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: PINK FLOYD ATOM HEART MOTHER WITH DEEP PURPLE LABEL

Post by moom »

Nothing's wrong as both albums were released by the same label - Harvest :)

Thanks for the info, though ;) Respect 8)
Matski
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Matski »

Tanx for the reply Moom. I know there is nothing wrong and true, Deep Purple was on the same label. Maybe others have the same record, somebody at the record plant mistaked in a complete tube of Deep Purple labels? Wonder even in general if these things happened more often. And yes, if I have the only unique one, this is a good spot to inform the world. Meanwhile it stays for the moment in my collection as an interesting disc that I show visitors. :smt119
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

There must have been some weird pressing/printing errors along the way with PF albums...my friend's vinyl copy of Obscured by Clouds doesn't have Free Four on it, and instead has Wots, Uh...the Deal twice, if I recall correctly.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

And that's before you even get into the 'Which One Is Pink' debacle
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Massed Gadgets wrote:There must have been some weird pressing/printing errors along the way with PF albums...my friend's vinyl copy of Obscured by Clouds doesn't have Free Four on it, and instead has Wots, Uh...the Deal twice, if I recall correctly.
Oh, now I guess I see... Deep Purple stuff is on side B :lol: ?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

It is probably worth some good money, but stick it on your LP player and just listen to the album yeah? :D
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Yeah, some idiot would probably be willing to pay a stupid amount of money for a broken album like this.
Matski
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Matski »

Hmmmm, it's not thee best record of PF (ooops). like to keep it as a interesting object to show. But maybe one day......
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Matski wrote:Hmmmm, it's not thee best record of PF (ooops). like to keep it as a interesting object to show. But maybe one day......
Yeah, I'd stay a proud owner, in your place :)
mrpinky

Post by mrpinky »

Hi Matski, it's a misslabelled vinyl, I didn't know it exists.
Misspressing's Lps were printed in low numbers directly by record company factories, but I don't believe they were rare Lps. Not comun and interesting record, yes.

I think it's time to add the news in my site, http://digilander.libero.it/mrpinky/index.htm (in the AHM german discography).
So please, can you send me a scan of the wrong label? And can you send me the details of the numbers in both run-off of the labels?
I appreciate it.
MrPinky

PS: If you want to sell it, I'm interested.
Draggen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Draggen »

Matski wrote: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:57 pm I have a very rare copy of Pink Floyd’s Atom Heart Mother. Side B has a label from Deep Purple In Rock. Think something went wrong at the pressing plant. Both albums were released in 1970 around the same time. Atom Heart Mother was probably pressed after In Rock. Assumedly a label was still stuck in the machine.
I work in music-bizz. Know how vinyl’s are pressed. The label does not get glued on later, but pressed in the lump of vinyl at the same time the record is pressed. As it hardens out the label is stuck very well forever. This label is for sure pressed in the record like that. It’s not a trick.
The vinyl is German made, Horzu-Harvest-EMI Catalogue no. Pink Floyd: SHZE 297. Catalogue no. Deep Purple: SHZE 288. Year: 1970.
Bought the record somewhere in the 70ties. Did not notice the wrong label on side B in the store. Figured it out at home. The record is in my collection since than.
Searched the complete web in links from both bands. No info what so ever about a similar factory mistake. Think I have the one and only Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother with Deep Purple In Rock label on side B, in the whole world.
Does anyone know more about this, heard about other copies that have the same, or has more info?
Sorry tried to make a clearer picture. I’m not a great photographer.Deep Pink 1.jpg
Funny :)
I have a copy of In Rock (SHVL 777) A2/B1) with the Atom Heart Mother label on one side :)

No info, that I know, about that one either

Cheers!