the concept of wish you were here

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: the concept of wish you were here

Post by moom »

danielcaux wrote:
moom wrote:And yes, David, I count 6 concept albums by PF, but the last one, to me, is not TDB, but AMLOR (I think it's an attempt to represent one man's life, from birth *signs of life* to death *Sorrow*).
You can save your thoughts about AMLOR and TDB, wait a few years until the history forum reach the late 80s early 90s ...and neither of those are Pink Floyd albums anyway so they don't count really :D
I beg to differ. David Gilmour's babies they may be, but they have PF feel :)
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

danielcaux wrote: ...wouldn't be better to keep the "yearly" threads separeted and not merge them all in one big mess of a forum? ...
I agree with this, I never understood why they were being lumped together
some of them have the year clearly in the thread title, which would make them easy to regroup into proper categories, others would have to be read through to figure out what year they were supposed to relate to
Im sure the five page chaos that exists now intimidates some people from reading through past discussions
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

J Ed and danielcaux, we should just insist that all topic titles start with the year. I will now change the small handful of post I made to include the year...maybe everybody else can do the same.

nosaj will have to log on and change a few
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

///going off-topic. Is the Nosaj/Hogtown thing the same as Smeagol/Gollum in Lord of the Rings? :D
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

This has been off topic for a few posts now. So, all I have to say to you sniffa, is go edit your threads and add the year at the beginning of each, or else I will spank you. Hell, even that knob nosaj did it the other day, and he doesn't post here anymore. He is bad, I am good - and you? Well, it depends on whether you behave yourself and add the years to this section of the forum. :-;