Trance PF

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
UNIq
Embryo
Embryo

Trance PF

Post by UNIq »

I downloaded a trance version of Money, pretty dam good, well worth getting, investigation obviously was required, so fire up my present favourite p2p (xolox) stick trance in the search criteria along with Pink Floyd and >>>>>> there’s loads of the buggers do’s any one have any info on these trance tracks, one of the not so good things about p2p is a lack of info about what your getting/got

Also recently downloaded Set the controls for the heart of the sun (original) EXHALANT,
:?:
peter

Post by peter »

A trance version of money? It sound like crap to me and i hope i never have to listen to something scary like that, if you really wanna '' chill out'' listen to the album meddle, and the song echoes on a hot summernight whith a cold beer. Then you find the spirit of the floyd! (in my humble opinion) :D :D

Post by Guest »

Meddles ok, I’ve got it on my HD even got it on one of those big round black plastic things (records, remember them) stashed away in the back of a cupboard somewhere. Trance and some of the progressive dance is ok as well, suits me any way. If you want something really scary then there’s only one contender got to be RAP, cant stand the stuff

RAP is CRAP

Can I say that or is that one of the not good words
Keith I demand a definitive list of all the words that are banned :P
djproject
Axe
Axe

Post by djproject »

"RAP is CRAP"

Not all of it is that way my friend. Go to the underground stuff and you actually have intriguing flows that are either intelligent, thought-provoking or even destructive. Just like with most popular music, what you hear on the radio and/or watch on MTV is not the definition of said genres (whatever they may be). :)
peter

Post by peter »

I agree, some of the rap songs i hear are good. but it is not my cup of thea.
What i really dislike about some trance, rap, techno is that they use a good record from the past and turn it into something :evil: :evil: :evil:
It sound cheap to me and i hate it.
Perhaps it's a age difference? Many people i speak have never heard off Pink Floyd. Even the floyd played in their past songs written by others, and i don't know those songs, if i did know the originals maby i dislike the way the floyd treated them. So i try to avoid to listen to trance based on the music of Pink Floyd, but if this is the way for young people to get to know floyd music i can only say; shine on! I hope you can see my point, my english is a bit rusty :oops:
djproject
Axe
Axe

Post by djproject »

I understand.

Shine on, my friend.

DJP
pinktim
Axe
Axe

Trance/Electronic Pink Floyd

Post by pinktim »

I know from experience that there are numerous versions of Pink Floyd music in trance/electrronica formats. One example that stands out is the set of albums put out by Out Of Phase including Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals and the Wall.

I have found many other cd's that have Pink Floyd music in this format. And, I know that there is a lot of downloadable stuff floating around in Cyberspace.

As with anything else this is a taste that is not for everyone. But, if you are into it you will like it.
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

I'm still looking for that Julia Dream cover but I've just found a trance mix of it instead, on WinMX. It's sampling one line from the song "every night I turn the light out" and part of the backing & called Julia SiSmIK dream by Tektonik veda
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

a lot of the Floyd trance mixes on P2P (esp. of DSOM or WYWH) claim to be by the Orb - there's even a version of Crazy diamond mixed with fluffy little clouds, proberbly unoffical though
pinktim
Axe
Axe

Pink Trance Floyd

Post by pinktim »

I would have to agree that there is also a lot of mixes out there that are unofficial stuff such as the Orb mix of Crazy Diamond and Little Fluffy Clouds. Keep in mind that Orzic Tentacles made most its early name by distributing tape copies of their music. The same still holds for the trance and electronica community. And, now with the flourishing of CD-RW technology it is even easier to put the stuff on a cd.

I know that places like Amazon and BN have some on it. I have found some in Media Play, USA. Also in some local record shoppes. I have looked around in Bowling Green, Ohio, USA and in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. Some of these are even stocking bootlegs and "pirate" (for lack of a better way to term it) recordings.
djproject
Axe
Axe

Post by djproject »

rollinder wrote:a lot of the Floyd trance mixes on P2P (esp. of DSOM or WYWH) claim to be by the Orb - there's even a version of Crazy diamond mixed with fluffy little clouds, proberbly unoffical though
It's funny that you should mention the Orb.

Even with all of the comparisions you can make between the Orb (specifically Alex Paterson) and the Floyd like the use of Battersea Power Station as part of the artwork for <i>Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld</i>, there are only two connections he has with the Floyd. The first one is Guy Pratt on bass during the first album. The second one is that the Orb did remix of one Richard Wright's solo songs and it can be found on <i>Auntie Audbrey's Excursions Beyond the Call of Duty Vol. 2</i>.

I've actually had this idea of doing a project that condenses all of <i>The Wall</i> into twenty-three minutes (in the tradition of "Atom Heart Mother," "Echoes" and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"). But Pink Floyd and remixes (especially the trendy ways of doing it) don't really settle well. "Keep Talking" could have remix potential but there isn't much you can do.
bertblotto
Embryo
Embryo

Trance mixes

Post by bertblotto »

There is an unofficial series of remixes, supposedly by The Orb, but it's not mentioned on the packaging. These mixes consist of taking the orginal recordings and remixing them in "trance" style. There are 7 complete albums, with the track listings intact.
In my opinion, they are worth listening to, unless you're a Floyd purist. THey are very different from the originals, but The Trance version of Fearless is extraordinary!
There are some OUT OF PHASE albums and other "official" cover albums, but those are just kids in their basements completely re-recording the songs on their Casios. All of the ones I've heard are Crap.
The ones worth tracking down are the "Limited Edition Trance Remixes".
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

I've heard a few, personally i think they are awful.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

There is an unofficial series of remixes, supposedly by The Orb
It's NOT The Orb! The Orb are a good ambient/dance band, who are huge PF fans, and if these were made by them, they would be a LOT better...
pinkhank
Embryo
Embryo

trance hmmmmmm

Post by pinkhank »

i have managed over the years to get all the trace remix albums some ar good some are bad its down to taste i suppose, the main bone of contetion is most of the floyd stuff is quite ambient in its self why mess it up ????
a freind sent me a 2 disc set no tracks you have tolisten all the way through a techmo remix of the wall, its not actually the floyd guys but a dam fine impression and its the best one i`ve heard so far.

have fun with all that sound
pinkhank