Question: TDSOTM

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

That is a really image inspiring post mosespa! I can see that man in his hall throwing his paper down!! :lol:
rumstick
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rumstick »

hi this is for all of you who like the dsotm...well everybody.....
putthe last track.... after the "there is no dark side of the moon..." and during the heart beat... volume it up...just crank it...(ps turn down the bass) and you will listen to a little melody.... for me i think it is and intrumental of the Beatles´ ticket to ride.
sure you need a cd since its so soft.. LPs noice will just kill it...and try using headphones...
but i swear its htere......
lying_on_an_eiderdown
Embryo
Embryo

Post by lying_on_an_eiderdown »

There is no dark side in the moon really, matter of fact it's all dark.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

It sounds like "in" if you're not accustomed to his accent.

According to The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia, it is "There is no Dark Side OF the Moon really..."

The album is also titled The Dark Side of the Moon.

"The Dark Side IN The Moon" sounds ridiculous. Why would the band want to end the album The Dark Side OF The Moon with a line from someone talking about The Dark Side IN The Moon? Why the line "the sun is eclipsed by the moooooon"?

Whoever started that nonsense about it being "in" needs to get their head examined.

You British blokes, it's clearly OF, right?
Last edited by Real Pink in the Inside on Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Also, as a further note, the complete unedited comment by Jerry Driscoll is "There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact it's all dark...and the thing that makes it look alight is the sun." (Pg. 94 of The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia 2nd Edition)
lying_on_an_eiderdown
Embryo
Embryo

lying_on_an_eiderdown

Post by lying_on_an_eiderdown »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:Also, as a further note, the complete unedited comment by Jerry Driscoll is "There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact it's all dark...and the thing that makes it look alight is the sun." (Pg. 94 of The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia 2nd Edition)
Well obviously I'm not a British bloke, so it might be a little harder for me to completely hear the pronounciation correctly...already made the appointment to get my head examined even though I don't think it's going to help...hehe.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: lying_on_an_eiderdown

Post by Keith Jordan »

lying_on_an_eiderdown wrote:
Real Pink in the Inside wrote:Also, as a further note, the complete unedited comment by Jerry Driscoll is "There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact it's all dark...and the thing that makes it look alight is the sun." (Pg. 94 of The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia 2nd Edition)
Well obviously I'm not a British bloke, so it might be a little harder for me to completely hear the pronounciation correctly...already made the appointment to get my head examined even though I don't think it's going to help...hehe.

hahahahaha it most definitely is "there is no dark side of the moon really, as a matter of fact, it's all dark". I am a British bloke!!! :lol:

Re: lying_on_an_eiderdown

Post by Guest »

kjnpf wrote:
lying_on_an_eiderdown wrote: Well obviously I'm not a British bloke, so it might be a little harder for me to completely hear the pronounciation correctly...already made the appointment to get my head examined even though I don't think it's going to help...hehe.

hahahahaha it most definitely is "there is no dark side of the moon really, as a matter of fact, it's all dark". I am a British bloke!!! :lol:
Well this should explain it all....I'm a southern belle ;)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

kjnpf wrote:That is a really image inspiring post mosespa! I can see that man in his hall throwing his paper down!! :lol:

Thanks. I appreciate that.