General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Why Pink Floyd - EMI Release Schedule Back catalogue Rel

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

nosaj wrote:how about this????!!!! <ii> <ii> <ii>

Info from SH Forums...

According to the Uncut article, the following tracks may be released on the Piper/Saucerful set:

Scream Thy Last Scream
Vegetable Man
In The Beechwoods
Untitled (aka Sunshine)
John Latham
She Was A Millionaire (aka Millionaire)
Early Morning Henry

1965 Demos:

Lucy Leave
I'm A King Bee
Double O-Bo
Walk With Me Sydney
Butterfly
Remember Me

According to Vernon Fitch in the article:

"The live concert recordings I've heard are rather muffled and badly mixed, with the vocals drowned out by the instruments. The best live recordings from the period are the BBC session recordings...although the BBC destroyed the original tapes, excellent quality air check (demonstration) recordings exist of both Sep & Dec 1967 sessions". The former includes the unreleased song Reaction In G.

Also mentioned, the 50 min live recording from the Gyllene Cirkeln, Stockholm, from Sep 10 1967. Recorded by a Swedish sound engineer on a Revox recorder, it is of "decent quality".
<ii> etc, but wasn't this release debunked in this thread? http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... =1&t=22918

But then at the end you have that interview with Nick who confirms it and... I need a lie down. MY BRAIN HURTSSSS!!! ](*,)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Debunked I guess...this was from the SH forum, so it is total speculation. HOWEVER, I suspect there will ultimately be a Syd era compilation some how, because our man Nick Mason is on the job!!!! \:D/
hirezfiles
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hirezfiles »

Maybe I have missed some info, therefore I apologize straight away if this question was already asked. I, as well as probably many others, am interested if there has appeared more detailed info on download variants within the scope of „Why Pink Floyd” campaign. I very much would like to hope that it will be something more than the quality of mp3 and even CD.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I should imagine iTunes and the like will have the albums on 26th September.
hirezfiles
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hirezfiles »

Keith Jordan wrote:I should imagine iTunes and the like will have the albums on 26th September.
Thank you for your answer! If it indeed will happen, I will say that the music industry has fully deserved what is happening to it. At the time when sells of discs are falling and downloading experiences a steady increase, to offer a heap of discs in various formats and almost nothing for download, IMHO, as a minimum is showing non-respect for music fans. iTunes and like services with their lossy compression of musical files, in my perception, in no way appropriately associates with the music of Pink Floyd.

I gladly would pay for high resolution versions of the remastered albums of Pink Floyd, but I have not the slightest desire to stuff my house with a heap of more discs. Will indeed illegal torrents be the only place where high resolution files of new releases will be available? I do not doubt that there quickly will appear Blu-Ray and SACD digital transfers, as well as vinyl rips in high resolution. It would be sad if, as almost always, there will not be a legal alternative in existence…
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

hirezfiles
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hirezfiles »

I know that the music industry gradually starts to understand that audio downloads are not only mp3, as well as that it is possible to prepare different digital releases for different needs http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/stories/090211mastering.

Right because of that I am asking here in the forum if anything is known about what digital releases will there be available within the scope of “Why Pink Floyd ...?”. Personally for me Pink Floyd has been and will remain the rock band No.1 and it would be sad if that would limit itself to mp3 or flac 16bit/44.1kHz files.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

As PemmicanHoosh pointed out in his thread, there is a large chunk of Us & Them Live from 1974 in Part 3 of this interview with Nick Mason. Starts around 1:20 and it is delicious!

http://www.prx.org/pieces/67381-why-pink-floyd

Can't wait to hear Any Colour You Like!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

More details about the Wall demo tracks from Brain Damage: http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/pi ... merge.html

Disc 3:

Prelude (Vera Lynn) [The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979] [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2 (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Mother (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Young Lust (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2 (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Empty Spaces (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Mother (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Backs To The Wall (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Don't Leave Me Now (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Goodbye Blue Sky (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Don't Leave Me Now (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 3 (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Goodbye Cruel World (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Hey You (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Is There Anybody Out There? (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Vera (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Bring The Boys Back Home (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
The Show Must Go On (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Waiting For The Worms (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Run Like Hell (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
The Trial (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Outside The Wall (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 1] [Excerpts From Roger Waters' Original Demo]
Prelude (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Roger Original Demo]
Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 1 (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
Goodbye Blue Sky (The Wall Work In Progress Pt 1., 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
Teacher, Teacher (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2 (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
Empty Spaces (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
Young Lust (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
Mother (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
Don't Leave Me Now (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
Sexual Revolution (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 3 (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
Goodbye Cruel World (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
In The Flesh? (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
The Thin Ice (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 1 (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
The Happiest Days Of Our Lives (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2 (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
Mother (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 1, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]

Disc 4:

Is There Anybody Out There? (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 1] [Roger Waters Original Demo]
Vera (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 1] [Roger Waters Original Demo]
Bring The Boys Back Home (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 1] [Roger Waters Original Demo]
Hey You (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 1] [Band Demo]
The Doctor (Comfortably Numb) [The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979] [Programme 1] [Band Demo]
In The Flesh (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 1] [Band Demo]
Run Like Hell (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 1] [Band Demo]
Waiting For The Worms (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 1] [Band Demo]
The Trial (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 1] [Band Demo]
The Show Must Go On (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 1] [Band Demo]
Outside The Wall (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 1] [Band Demo]
The Thin Ice (Reprise) [The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979] [Programme 1] [Band Demo]
Outside The Wall (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
It's Never Too Late (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
The Doctor (Comfortably Numb) [The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979] [Programme 2] [Band Demo]
One Of My Turns (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
Don't Leave Me Now (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
Empty Spaces (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
Backs To The Wall (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 3 (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
Goodbye Cruel World (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 3] [Band Demo]
Comfortably Numb (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 4] [David Gilmour Original Demo]
Run Like Hell (The Wall Work In Progress Pt. 2, 1979) [Programme 4] [David Gilmour Original Demo]
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

No mention of any of Roger Waters concerts being on there of The Wall tour. That must be getting a DVD of its own under a separate release.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Keith Jordan wrote:No mention of any of Roger Waters concerts being on there of The Wall tour. That must be getting a DVD of its own under a separate release.
I'm surprised you even thought that might be a possiblility!
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Keith Jordan wrote:No mention of any of Roger Waters concerts being on there of The Wall tour. That must be getting a DVD of its own under a separate release.
Why would they put Roger Waters solo tour content on a Pink Floyd album?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

jambo wrote:Why would they put Roger Waters solo tour content on a Pink Floyd album?
Because Roger owns all the rights to The Wall and not Pink Floyd. It was just an idea, a mental one at that! <.8.> :D
crowman
Blade
Blade

Post by crowman »

No sign of "What Shall We Do Now?" or any of the movie versions. :(
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

A Why Pink Floyd CD Sampler that I wouldnt mind a listen to.
why pink floyd sampler CD.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.