Pink Floyd Platinum Collection?!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Pink Floyd Platinum Collection?!

Post by Hudini »

Note from admin - The merchandise is confirmed Official by Pink Floyd management.

WTF is this? http://www.pinkfloydplatinumcollection.com/

It seems legit at first sight, but it's so ludicrous it simply has to be a fraud! Pink Floyd wallet?! A thousand pound handbag?!

Can anyone here confirm or deny the legibility of this?

Here's what Roger wrote about it on his Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/notes/roger-wat ... 4263947031
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pink Floyd Platinum Collection?!

Post by drafsack »

If you follow the link to the privacy policy it mentions the EMI group. Also some of the items are listed with storms name
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

That's the part that does seem legit at first sight. The website also displays banners of the official "Why Pink Floyd" page and the official "Digital Stores" website, as well as the website for the firm that crafts this stuff, called "Muted Suit".

However, neither "Why Pink Floyd" or official Pink Floyd website, or the "Digital Stores" or Storm Thorgerson's official website, nor EMI for that matters, mention the existence of such a collection, and the website of the manufacturer lists only this collection and a David Bowie table with vases as their work.

What's also fishy is that Storm Thorgerson is credited for designing fashion accessories, rather than stuff that involves visual arts. Maybe he decided to design some bland leather stuff at his old age, or this is really a fraud.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pink Floyd Management told me that the website is official. You can safely shop there if that is your wish.#

Read NPF news story Pink Floyd Platinum Edition Merchandise

Roger Waters Not Too Pleased

DiscussNews of the collection website, its wares and prices became an issue of discussion on the NPF Forum on Friday 23rd July where it was questioned whether or not the website was legitimate. That same day, Roger Waters posted note 1 below on his Facebook page and then NPF alerted fans via Twitter and Facebook that the collection was fake. However, Pink Floyd management have just confirmed to me that the collection is official and Roger also posted a follow up note 2 on his Facebook expressing his opinion about the collection. Roger does not seem too enthusiastic about the collection!

Read the notes Roger posted below and feel free to discuss this topic on the forum on the Pink Floyd Platinum Collection thread.

Roger Waters Note 1 - 23rd July 2011 - Link

I have just been made aware of a site called Pink Floyd, Limited edition, Platinum Collection, I have checked it out.

I just want you to know, that none of this crap has anything to do with me. I don't know who is responsible but I shall find out and let you know. What a load of junk! The only good news is that apparently the ludicrous 'Dark Side of The Moon Bowl' has been withdrawn due to the outcry of shocked Pink Floyd fans.

Notwithstanding my disgust, I have to admit I had to chuckle at the irony of the 'Pink Floyd London Wallet'.....'Don't send lire, God don't want small potatoes'

Love Roger

Roger Waters Note 2 - 23rd July 2011 - Link

I promised to let you know when I found out who was responsible for ¨The Platinum Collection¨.

It was David and Nick.

Yes, I was somewhat surprised too.

It's a funny old world and no mistake.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

So the tat is official
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It is official, yes. :D

Even considering that there will only be a couple of hundred made of each, the items do seem rather expensive!

The table is £1,200 which is about USD$2000!
20110728_pink-floyd-platinum-collection.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I'm afraid I could not help myself, I ordered the Division Bell heads. I always liked that they made a face! :lol: They will take pride of place in my new house when it is finally built!

I would have one of those pigs too if I were made of money, or had access to a lot of money. :lol:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I'm surprised they went ahead and got this stuff done without Rog knowing - mind you he must have given the green light to the wall figures
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Keith Jordan wrote:I would have one of those pigs too if I were made of money, or had access to a lot of money. :lol:
Ordering one of those wallets would be quite paradoxical. With the amount of cost, you'd have nothing to fill it with once you buy it. :lol:

The only cost-effective item in this collection is the T-shirt box, but it looks rather cheaply done. The table and the bag are just UGLY.
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

What a load of utter garbage! Almost as ridiculous as those $30 lollipops with the bejeweled sticks. Seriously? :?
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

How very fuckin depressing :(
NUMBER61
Axe
Axe

Post by NUMBER61 »

i think i'll wait for the pink floyd self tapping screws.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Hudini wrote:Ordering one of those wallets would be quite paradoxical. With the amount of cost, you'd have nothing to fill it with once you buy it. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

The web site has closed now - so it must have all sold out - when does the next selection go on sale??
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Did they ever add back all the other items that disappeared? Either it has all sold out or the backlash - from Roger Waters in particular - was just too much to take! <.8.>

Did this ever get a mention on PF Facebook or Twitter or any of their sites? Seems to have just appeared one day and then disappeared. Here to day, gone tomorrow! :)