Pink Floyd in Classic Rock Presents Prog

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pink Floyd in Classic Rock Presents Prog

Post by Keith Jordan »

Classic Rock Presents Prog with Pink Floyd on the cover that's on sale next Wednesday, August 31.

Inside there's 12 pages of coverage on Pink Floyd, including a 40th Anniversary celebration of Meddle, and how the album changed the sound of both Pink Floyd and prog rock forever, which features brand new interviews with Nick Mason, engineer John Leckie and more. We also discuss the forthcoming Why Pink Floyd? campaign, with Nick re-assessing every Pink Floyd studio album and engineer Andy Jackson takes us behind the scenes of unearthing the hidden treasures that make up the new reissues. Plus Storm Thorgerson has exclusively designed the actual front cover of the magazine itself for us!

Plus interviews with Gentle Giant, Dream Theater, Opeth, Primus, David Bedford, The Flower Kings, TesseracT plus more, and free CD as well.
ROP19.ed.cover.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Pink Floyd in Classic Rock Presents Prog

Post by danielcaux »

That's one ugly magazine cover Storm made for this one

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Theres a mag with AC/DC on the cover out at the moment with a 24 page dark side supplement inside - is it any good??
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I got another version of the cover sent through which I posted above. Looks nice. The image I posted in the first post is the Storm Thorgerson cover, the other one is not. :D
Steph22
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Steph22 »

I still haven't seen this one in Barnes and Noble here in the States. I just saw the AC/DC cover today, but no Floyd. :(
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Classic Rock presents Prog comes in an "envelope" with a lot of the headlines and whatnot on the envelope and the main feature on the actual magazine cover, which likely accounts for the two covers. It's a great magazine (if on the expensive side, but it does come with a CD) but we usually don't get it here in Canada till about 2 months after the UK release (which makes articles about the 'soon to be released' album of so and so that you already bought a month ago kind of redundant).
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Is it worth buying? I finally found a store with a couple of copies, but there is scotch tape sealing it. For $25.99 + 13% tax (yeah, we pay tax in Canada), it would have to be good.