Pink Floyd "In The Pink" Warts and All History

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pink Floyd "In The Pink" Warts and All History

Post by Keith Jordan »

As posted by Roger Waters on his Facebook....

http://www.facebook.com/NeptunePinkFloy ... 5375514253

One of my oldest friends, Nick Sedgwick, died this week of brain cancer. I shall miss him a lot. I share this sad news with you all for a good reason.

He leaves behind a manuscript, "IN THE PINK" (not a hunting memoir).

His memoir traces the unfolding of events in 1974 and 1975 concerning both me and Pink Floyd. In the summer of 1974 Nick accompanied me, and my then wife Judy, to Greece. We spent the whole summer there and Nick witnessed the beginnings of the end of that marriage.

That autumn he travelled with Pink Floyd all round England on The Dark Side Of The Moon Tour. He carried a cassette recorder on which he recorded many conversations and documented the progress of the tour. In the spring of 1975 he came to America with the band and includes his recollections of that time also.

When Nick finished the work in 1975 there was some resistance in the band to its publication, not surprising really as none of us comes out of it very well, it's a bit warts and all, so it never saw the light of day.

It is Nick's wish that it be made available now to all those interested in that bit of Pink Floyd history and that all proceeds go to his wife and son.

To that end I am preparing three versions, a simple PDF, a hardback version, and a super de-lux illustrated limited edition signed and annotated by me and hopefully including excerpts from the cassettes.

Watch this space.

Roger
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Pink Floyd "In The Pink" Warts and All History

Post by Flying pig437 »

I presume either the other guys have o.k'd this or they don't have to. W/e I'd imagine this is a book that could be v.interesting.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Perhaps it is retribution for the whole Pink Floyd Platinum Collection episode! :lol:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

The super deluxe version could be good
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Indeed, I fear I may have to purchase one of those. <.8.>
Adam82
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Adam82 »

I've read that Dave and Nick discussed that stuff in new Mojo, so it obviously must have been agreed between the three of them. It will be funny comparision with Nick's own narration of those days.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

PDF... right, you have to pay for that at all? I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment.
I'm sorry to hear of his loss, but yeah. I'd really like to read this. If was the 1969-1970 period it would have been more cuddly.
But this looks like a dark piece of work. Careful with that scuba tank, Eugene...
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Flying pig437 wrote:I presume either the other guys have o.k'd this or they don't have to. W/e I'd imagine this is a book that could be v.interesting.
Good question actually. I was thinking about how Nick's original version of Inside Out was allegedly pulped at David's bequest. Roger, on the other hand, isn't in Pink Floyd any more. He'd not give a rat's arse anyway and perhaps would enjoy riling Dave :twisted: