MOJO: Pink Floyd Special Edition - October 2011

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

MOJO: Pink Floyd Special Edition - October 2011

Post by Keith Jordan »

The October 2011 edition of the excellent MOJO magazine has a great new 12 page interview with Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour and drummer Nick Mason as part of the fanfare surrounding the release schedule Why Pink Floyd which, of course, starts on 26th September! It hit newsstands on 23rd August.

The new interviews with David and Nick take us back to the 1970s when trouble was starting to mount between the band and Roger Waters in the context of finding fame on a large scale internationally with the success of Dark Side of the Moon.

Forthcoming Memoirs Discussed....

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... 11-memoris
Enish
Knife
Knife

Re: MOJO: Pink Floyd Special Edition - October 2011

Post by Enish »

I'm looking forward to seeing what Gilmour has to say after all these years!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Just started having a listen to the cover CD before I dive into the articles. 8)
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Post by Meandthem »

My pusher gets it on monday.
Guess I will have to wait, then!
rovers95
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rovers95 »

I've pre-ordered the vinyl edition of this, wonder when I'll get it here in Germany....
voxish
Axe
Axe

Post by voxish »

rovers95 wrote:I've pre-ordered the vinyl edition of this, wonder when I'll get it here in Germany....
I got mine today from HMV in Milton Keynes (I was about to buy the CD version at the railway station but as I skimmed through it I noticed there was an LP version available at WH Smiths and HMV!)

I listened to Side 1 this afternoon, some very interesting takes on each track. I was interested to hear Time (by Wolf People) as I'm off to a gig of theirs at Kings Cross Scala next Sunday (4 Sept) where they are supporting Wooden Shjips. Vinyl version was £13.99 which comes in a proper fold-out sleeve with a good quality inner sleeve and a polythene outer cover.
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

Do you know if the vinyl edition of this MOJO issue will be available in the U.S.? I'll settle for the CD edition, but I never knew that MOJO paired their issues with vinyls, too. I'm considering importing that issue with the vinyl if it's possible.
voxish
Axe
Axe

Post by voxish »

Enish wrote:Do you know if the vinyl edition of this MOJO issue will be available in the U.S.? I'll settle for the CD edition, but I never knew that MOJO paired their issues with vinyls, too. I'm considering importing that issue with the vinyl if it's possible.
Looks like it'll be available at Barnes & Noble in the US: http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2011/08/ ... ition.html
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

Thank you! If they're only limiting this to 10,000 copies, there's no way I'm waiting. I'm ordering my copy right now. Besides, I'll save gas by not driving down to Barnes & Noble every week and seeing if the issue's arrived. \:D/