rare Animals studio works-in-progress

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: rare Animals studio works-in-progress

Post by Keith Jordan »

danielcaux wrote:Holy fuck!! If this doesn't revive this forum then nothing will.
I think there are millions of "mainstream" fans who couldn't really care less about these. Its just us geeks that are interested. I cannot see a revolution coming, but I will do a story on the main website about it to generate some interest. Hopefully some people will comment on the forum here! :D
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Keith Jordan wrote:I think there are millions of "mainstream" fans who couldn't really care less about these. Its just us geeks that are interested.
Agree. I'm surprised though, that those rarities still keep on coming.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
OK, I'll admit it I'm a geek. I love these early versions and along with the 8-track mix should form the basis of an Animals 'Immersion' box.

[-D-]
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Haven't heard yet, will definitely listen today. Just wanted to say two things:
thank you
and
there definitely should be Animals Immerse box-set, I think they will just take their time after the current releases and release Animals Immerse a bit later, maybe in 2015. I do remember that most of such releases have been popping up only since a few years ago and that before that we used to complain about the lack of such.
Mymloch
Axe
Axe

Post by Mymloch »

Animals is my favorite album. Thanks for showing us this.

When I want to hear 'Dogs' (which is quite often), I now almost always listen to the Wembley performance (aka "You"ve Gotta Be Crazy") from the WYWH Immersion set (I think that's what it was on, anyway), so I would LOVE an Animals Immersion set.

I need to listen to these demos again before any critiquing though. :)
cskg25
Axe
Axe

Post by cskg25 »

Sorry to disagree (somewhat) ladies & gents, but we DON'T need another fancy overpriced BOX. Instead, I'd like to see a double (or triple) hybrid multichannel SACD version of Animals with all the goodies on Disc 2 (and 3 if needed). The SQ would be stunning in proper surround. It's already great in 2.0! A vinyl (180g 2.0) release with all the extras would also be hugely popular, methinks. But I won't hold my breath for either ...

BTW, the WYWH Extraction set is up now too if you can find it (at Y, for example) ........... <ii>
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

The WYWH Extraction Tapes are amazing.

Listening to them now and the Welcome to the Machine studio demo is really something special, a nice early version of the track. The talk box noodling is pretty awesome.

Also the full version of Shine On with all the different guitar and keyboard bits is awesome. It has a very nice feel to it, kinda like Echoes 2.0, taking up a whole side of the LP and just being a big long jam.
PemmicanHoosh
Axe
Axe

Post by PemmicanHoosh »

Love the drier sound of the full length Shine On, and the different guitar sounds.

Roll on the Meddle one (if there is one that is).
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Well we already have official Dark Side demo tapes and a few demo versions of Obscured trackers were on a Harvested DVD as an easter egg, so Meddle or AHM being next would be pretty awesome.
cskg25
Axe
Axe

Post by cskg25 »

jambo wrote:Well we already have official Dark Side demo tapes and a few demo versions of Obscured trackers were on a Harvested DVD as an easter egg, so Meddle or AHM being next would be pretty awesome.
You wouldn't happen to know which DVD, by chance? ;)
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

cskg25 wrote:
jambo wrote:Well we already have official Dark Side demo tapes and a few demo versions of Obscured trackers were on a Harvested DVD as an easter egg, so Meddle or AHM being next would be pretty awesome.
You wouldn't happen to know which DVD, by chance? ;)
Should be on "Pro-shot in Europe 69-72"

More info here: http://www.yeeshkul.com/forum/showthrea ... s-Outtakes
perplex
Embryo
Embryo

Post by perplex »

PemmicanHoosh wrote:A little digging on YT unearthed these Wish You Were Here Extraction treats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRD4MCQ3tJA

Welcome to the Machine (demo) [This is delightful]

The YT link to Welcome to the Machine (extraction version demo) has been pulled by WMG.
Is this one the same? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vz_H20MUoM
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

yeah is the same
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

jambo wrote:The WYWH Extraction Tapes are amazing.

Listening to them now and the Welcome to the Machine studio demo is really something special, a nice early version of the track. The talk box noodling is pretty awesome.
Yeah! I'm totally including that demo and some of the early synth-driven Waters demos of The Wall in a compilation for my own listening pleasure! The minimal production give all them this really dark and sinester and ominous Floyd sound. Too bad Roger didn't explore more of these textures with his solo records... instead of going all americana in Pros and Cons and 80s pop with KAOS :(

By the way who is the one talking in the middle of the song? Gilmour?
you2k
Embryo
Embryo

Post by you2k »

Thanks for the great post! I rather enjoyed that. I feel much better now.