New Pink Floyd Album 'The Endless River'

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: New Pink Floyd Album 'The Endless River'

Post by azza200 »

danielcaux"]
... or maybe he is too busy right now shutting down the good folks of Harvested records so he can keep people in complete obscurity about what's on the vaults! Thanks Mr. Gilmour! I love your music but I hate your shitty attitude towards your fans. In that respect I gotta admit that over time Mr. "Dictator" Waters have proven to be a cooler human being than thou too. SHINE ON $♥CKER!
get your facts right LOL you do realize in a interview David has said he doesn't mind bootleggers, it was actually Pink Floyd's MANAGER Paul Loasby who took down Harvested and other sites etc
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Well, the way music business works it's not unusual that the manager gets a bigger slice than the artist, thus the bootleggers hurt the manager more. At the end of the day we all need to make a living, managers and bootleggers equally.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Aggressive tone? Is this an internet forum for adults or a creche?
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Of course I stay away from the forum for a little bit (moved house) and this thread devolves back to Waters vs. Gilmour shite.

War. War never changes.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

azza200 wrote:you do realize in a interview David has said he doesn't mind bootleggers, it was actually Pink Floyd's MANAGER Paul Loasby who took down Harvested and other sites etc
And who's the boss of the manager? Pink Floyd!
Hudini wrote:Well, the way music business works it's not unusual that the manager gets a bigger slice than the artist, thus the bootleggers hurt the manager more. At the end of the day we all need to make a living, managers and bootleggers equally.
How terribly this manager Paul Loasby must be hurt by fans sharing recordings which are commercially unavailable,
including recordings which Pink Floyd itself doesn't have.
](*,)
tjrrockandrollmaster
Axe
Axe

Post by tjrrockandrollmaster »

Wolfpack wrote:
azza200 wrote:you do realize in a interview David has said he doesn't mind bootleggers, it was actually Pink Floyd's MANAGER Paul Loasby who took down Harvested and other sites etc
And who's the boss of the manager? Pink Floyd!
Hudini wrote:Well, the way music business works it's not unusual that the manager gets a bigger slice than the artist, thus the bootleggers hurt the manager more. At the end of the day we all need to make a living, managers and bootleggers equally.
How terribly this manager Paul Loasby must be hurt by fans sharing recordings which are commercially unavailable,
](*,)
Paul Loasby and Tony Smith are Pink Floyd's managers. David Gilmour's manager Paul Loasby throws the bitch fits about bootlegs whilst Nick Mason's manager Tony Smith (who also manages Genesis and its members Tony Banks, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford) actually doesn't care about the bootleggers (in fact Genesis are bootlegged and the band doesn't mind it as long as the fans share and trade which is what we Floyd fans do anyways). Steve O'Rourke didn't mind the bootleggers, unfortunately Steve died so the management of the band is down to those two now.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

I think Near the End is a good song.
bboynexus
Blade
Blade

Post by bboynexus »

raisemyrent wrote:I think Near the End is a good song.
The vocals in that song has Poles Apart written all over it. Or vice versa.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

I think it's gilmour's best solo work.

Ps someone mentioned songs that you hear when asking about which ones their best. I'd say Comfortably Numb, Marooned, and Shine On. In that order. So a Wright chord sequence in the middle.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

azza200 wrote:get your facts right LOL you do realize in a interview David has said he doesn't mind bootleggers, it was actually Pink Floyd's MANAGER Paul Loasby who took down Harvested and other sites etc
Yeah, I know the manager was the one doing the dirty work, but I also read at Y a comment by... let's call him Mr. T, that during all this recent ordeal he also got the impression that Mr. G. wasn't either very keen or approved his hobby and the social service he was doing with it , sharing for free all those historical recordings. And for years it has been a well known fact that basically Gilmour doesn't like the general public to have access to subpar performances and recordings from the band, mainly because he believes it hurts their image and good name. But anyway, this doesn't have much to do with TER, apart from the fact that coincidentally it happened just months before its release, at the same time that all those youtube videos were being shut down too...

Back on topic, does anybody knows if Gilmour's Colours of Infinity soundtrack was recorded before or after the divison bell sessions? It was released in 94 but it sounds like high hopes demos to me, so I was wondering if it was probably recorded during the early sessions of TDB too, and if it could actually come from the same tapes that TER...

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★n☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★★☆★

And sorry Jambo, I didnt want to turn this into a Waters vs. Gilmour thread again, it's just that it bothers me so much how frequently and easily some people want to rewrite history and try to pass Waters as just Pink Floyd "lyricist" and totally fail to recognize his fundamental musical input on the band's work during those golden years. They don't give the dude his due! So, this will not stand, man.

And thanks Hadrian for the link, and all the other people that with their interesting and thoughtful comments have help keep this thread above hate speech, insult and derogatory fanboy level.

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

I've always thought of Waters as an artist who used to play bass and write lyrics with Pink Floyd rather than a musician strictly, or an instrumentalist for thst matter. I don't mean it with any kind of criticism at all. Conversely, I think Wright and Gilmour are musicians in the fullest sense of the word. Mason plays drums sometimes lol

Just ran through Anisina a few times. Haven't had much chance with F1. Wow. I really get the cover art now (which I think we all got used to now?). I really do hear pre-Meddle Floyd in Gilmour's guitar work.
Talk about a head fake with the 30s clip they'd release eh? Even the string arpeggios a la comfortably numb had me scared and turns out they're on for a few second only. Listening to the demo, they really turned thst one around. Ps there's beauriful vocals that I don't think have been mentioned. I also like how DG slightly matches the sax vibrato on his slide.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Double post but Allons-y (1) is available for download on iTunes and Amazon.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Wolfpack wrote:How terribly this manager Paul Loasby must be hurt by fans sharing recordings which are commercially unavailable,
](*,)
Why let someone share something for free when you own the rights to sell it good?

Also, the recordings are available for Pink Floyd to have. It's just a few mouse clicks away.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

One week today I'll be keenly waiting for the amazon delivery

<ii>
FloydianCPKU
Embryo
Embryo

Post by FloydianCPKU »