Pink Floyd Bootlegs

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
The Crazy Diamond
Blade
Blade

Pink Floyd Bootlegs

Post by The Crazy Diamond »

Just a general discussion thread, any interest in Bootlegs ?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pink Floyd Bootlegs

Post by snifferdog »

Do many people download them these days? I traded/downloaded loads of them back when I first joined NPF. I miss the tracker that used to be here, and the trading forum that was alongside it. I got broadband at home way back in 2006 and nearly went over our monthly cap downloading the things :D I've not listened to any lately though. Does anyone else, I wonder?

While I'm here, I'd better don my Moderator's hat for a moment and post this gentle reminder regarding the forum rules. There's no issue with discussing the bootlegs themselves. Feel free to discuss those

12 - No trading bootleg recordings including offering links to downloads, offering vines or any other means of sharing copyrighted materials associated particularly with Pink Floyd or solo members, or other copyrighted
works.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I must admit that I prefer bootlegs with unreleased songs on them. There aren't that many unrealised PF songs that are ... competitive with the quality of the released material. The holy grail for me was The Division Bell material, but that is now out.

I have heard some unreleased material before, but I must admit that hearing small variations on CWTAE isn't really my thing.

At the moment what I'd most like are the Rog demos of TW. In what formats and at what price levels are they available?

I've got something, but I think it's more advanced than the actual Rog demos as it sounds as if Dave is on there. Unless Rog is a far better instrumentalist than he is said to be.

Apologies to all for my ignorance in this area. For me, PF is a band where the finished, released, material is what I want.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

There used to be a healthy forum on this site where we would share live shows etc via direct trades and vines and as a result I have 800-900 pink floyd/solo members ROIO's (Bootlegs) and over a 1000 from other artists. Some of them are really good recordings and a must for any Floyd fan but others are so poor you only listen to them once. As with any of my Roios I try and get shows I have been to and apart from one of the shows in Stafford in 1977 I have managed that. There is plenty of stuff about and it is easier to get than ever due to broad band although some of the stuff that used to be available is no longer available due to PF releasing some of those recordings officially in there recent box set attempts to fleece more money out of punters
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

drafsack wrote:There used to be a healthy forum on this site where we would share live shows etc via direct trades and vines and as a result I have 800-900 pink floyd/solo members ROIO's (Bootlegs) and over a 1000 from other artists. Some of them are really good recordings and a must for any Floyd fan but others are so poor you only listen to them once. As with any of my Roios I try and get shows I have been to and apart from one of the shows in Stafford in 1977 I have managed that. There is plenty of stuff about and it is easier to get than ever due to broad band although some of the stuff that used to be available is no longer available due to PF releasing some of those recordings officially in there recent box set attempts to fleece more money out of punters
"During the war" (pun intended!), we used to do B&P trade (2 blank CDs for 1 recorded)... That was my intro to the wonderful world of Pink Floyd bootlegs, thanks to Drafsack and many others around here! :D

With Soulseek and other engines, it kind of lost the excitement, specially nowadays with YouTube and the "official bootlegs"...
jmoog
Embryo
Embryo

Post by jmoog »

I love collecting Floyd boots although I only collect live Floyd boots from the years 1967 to 1972. After 1972 their setlists became pretty much set in stone with little to no improvisation. I much prefer the earlier live Floyd shows where improvisation played a much bigger role in the bands sets.