Mojo Magazine : July 2018

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mojo Magazine : July 2018

Post by twcc »

The new edition has just arrived and it features the 50 greatest songs of Pink Floyd (a surprise in the top 10, and a few unusual ones lower down) plus a multi-page interview with Nick about the forthcoming NM shows.

I love the response to the question regarding what David and Roger think of it all -
Nick Mason wrote:If they joined us on stage ... the whole world would come to an end!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Mojo Magazine : July 2018

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Interesting, but who was the judge for their best songs? What was the criteria? I'll go out next week and possibly pick it up.
Did they make the cover?
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

The judges were Mojo staff and writers, and YES they have made the cover ... :)

Note ... on close inspection I see that my 'subscription' copy is Cover 1 of 2, Floyd are on my copy but I'm not sure about the other cover variant
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

There are two covers. I'll take a look in the newsagent and decide whether it's worth getting.

A Syd Casualty
Axe
Axe

Post by A Syd Casualty »

Bike one of their best ten songs????
The Crazy Diamond
Blade
Blade

Post by The Crazy Diamond »

So how do we get a copy of this mag, guessing is only via subscription as I've never seen it in any newsagents ...just sounds a bit interesting !.... <ii>
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

It's on the news stands here in the UK ... maybe try http://www.mojo4music.com or eBay ?
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Nick Mason wrote:If they joined us on stage ... the whole world would come to an end!
David and Roger could easily join Nick to perform Pink Floyd tunes without taking the stage as Pink Floyd. It has been done before - you get the real thing, but without all the pressure. Think Six of the Best show in 1982 (Genesis plus Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett, playing Genesis).
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Family Hospital crisis this month over and discharged resolved alive etc, so I still didn't get around to getting this yet. Get my skates on...
And it was my Mother in hospital, not me!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Big big thanks to twcc for providing me with a copy, it's a really positive article.
Most other articles about the band seem to have a "This happened" feel to them. Maybe it was the added Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets feature but it seemed really forward looking compared to say, the feature on The Wall from 1999.
Plus, off topic but really happy to see a little bit about Suede's new album which sounds the closest they've come to Prog! Took them long enough!
The Crazy Diamond
Blade
Blade

Post by The Crazy Diamond »

Picked a second hand copy , have to say I'm glad I did not pay the original price.Disapointed generally with the 50 songs chosen..seemed like tactic to boost sales.