If you could have a drink with a member of Pink Floyd past or present, would would you choose?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you could have a drink with a member of Pink Floyd past or present, would would you choose?

Post by Keith Jordan »

If you could have a pint (or any other drink non-alcoholic included) with a member of Pink Floyd past or present, would would you choose and why?

I would love to have a good chat with Roger Waters, a jam with Gilmour, look through the archives with Nick Mason, have a lengthy jam with Rick Wright and go out exploring the London underground scene with Syd Barrett if I could travel back in time.

However, I would pick Gilmour to have a good jam as I like the music and wouldn't like arguing with Roger! :D

Now you...
Young David Gilmour Photos (25).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jimbo2
Embryo
Embryo

Re: If you could have a drink with a member of Pink Floyd past or present, would would you choose?

Post by Jimbo2 »

A great response to a question like that! I think I’d join you mate! Though most probably it would be astonishing to meet and discuss world issues with Roger Waters...
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Re: If you could have a drink with a member of Pink Floyd past or present, would would you choose?

Post by FreeFour »

Would love to talk all things Post Roger Waters with Gilmour.....all those solo collaborations, (supertramp, McCartney etc).....what was it really like making those albums without Roger ?......what really went on when Roger met David on Astoria to finalise split agreements ?......what was it really like backstage at Live 8 ?...would make for a good night down the pub.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

FreeFour wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:57 pm what really went on when Roger met David on Astoria to finalise split agreements ?
And does David get a warm glow of nostalgia seeing the Brexit negotiations? \:D/
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Roger Waters. I think he'd make for interesting, entertaining company and he'd be more likely to speak his mind than the others. If Roger wasn't available, I'd go for Nick.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I would have a drink with Rog and talk about the live shows and the concepts behind the visuals. If I was speaking to David i would ask him why he has gone so mellow - his last two albums were crying out for some of the guitar work from the classic Floyd/ first two solo albums