No Roger No Floyd!!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
vizor
Axe
Axe

Re: No Roger No Floyd!!

Post by vizor » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:48 pm

"Speaking to Rolling Stone’s Kory Grow, Waters was discussing his passion for environmental advocacy when Gilmour’s name came up (Grow mentioned Gilmour donated proceeds from the sales of his guitars to fight climate change). Waters expressed gratitude for Gilmour’s gesture but then noted his former band mate had blocked promotion of Us + Them on the official Pink Floyd website.

Waters then revealed he spoke with Gilmour in June, but asserted, “We had a big meeting where I came up with a big peace plan that has come to nothing, sadly.” Grow responded that he was sorry to hear that, to which Waters replied:

I know you are. I bet all Pink Floyd fans are sorry to hear that. They all hoped that we could kiss and make up and everything would be wonderful in a cozy, wonderful world. Well, it wouldn’t be all that cozy or wonderful for me, because I left Pink Floyd in 1985 for a reason. The reason being that I wanted to get on with my work."

https://www.jambase.com/article/killing ... ineup-2019

Seems like there is Pink Floyd without Roger. And it consumes him that's the way it is. Hmmmmm. Consumed while eating crow......

Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:14 am

If Roger came up with a peace plan, and it was rejected, then I can imagine him being hurt and to make comments like the ones above.

It's also a bit disappointing that Us + Them wouldn't be promoted on the official PF site.

I'm still more on Dave's side than Rog's side concerning what has happened in the time from the lead-up to Rog's split from PF. (Starting years in advance.) And, I don't know what Rog's peace plan was, and whether it was reasonable or unreasonable for Dave to reject it.

Personally I think that Dave + Rog will never work together again apart from occasionally charity things, and perhaps not even that. I'm just happy that they're still producing quality music.

Kerry King
Blade
Blade

Post by Kerry King » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:19 am

Annoying Twit wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:14 am
If Roger came up with a peace plan, and it was rejected, then I can imagine him being hurt and to make comments like the ones above.
Waters started the fight and then came up with a peace plan. He wants to spread the ideal of humanity in the world but can't even get along with the ones with whom he created all of the good work. The work which keeps us paying attention to him in the first place. Maybe he could have tried to hold a marriage or two together before he started trying to save the whole world. Each small candle...

Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 am

Kerry King wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:19 am
Waters started the fight and then came up with a peace plan. He wants to spread the ideal of humanity in the world but can't even get along with the ones with whom he created all of the good work. The work which keeps us paying attention to him in the first place. Maybe he could have tried to hold a marriage or two together before he started trying to save the whole world. Each small candle...
Can´t understand why somebody would bring up personal lifes in a business argument (Floyd is nothing more than a business these days), but they are all not in their first marriage anymore :roll:

Kerry King
Blade
Blade

Post by Kerry King » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:48 am

Yucateco wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 am
Kerry King wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:19 am
Can´t understand why somebody would bring up personal lifes in a business argument (Floyd is nothing more than a business these days), but they are all not in their first marriage anymore :roll:
Stop rolling your eyes and allow me to explain it to you. The marriage thing was hardly personal. Or were the marriages supposed to be a secret? I took a rather gentle swipe at Waters because he is still taking swipes at Gilmour this late in the game. It's nice of you to defend him but I think, for example, calling Mary Whitehouse a pig for the whole world to hear was a bit more harsh than me referencing failed marriages. Don't misunderstand, my opinion has nothing to do with anyone's politics.