The Wall Tour 1980-81 Footage

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
EarlsFloyd
Axe
Axe

The Wall Tour 1980-81 Footage

Post by EarlsFloyd »

So im very confused about this Footage, a lot of people say it's just 35m and other people say it's all the Earls Court Shows of 1980 and Roger Waters isn't very specific, and that's driving me crazy. I'm very excited about seeing all the Footage, put I don't think that Roger is gonna show it this year (The Wall 40th Anniversary) i think they are gonna show the footage when Roger dies :( , it's sound hard ik, PUT it's just my theory. Oh and Roger Waters played some good quality footage of Mother in the 2010 shows.

All the 1981 London dates was filmed in full. The first films that Waters had was in poor quality, but Steve O'Rourke had hold back some great quality films of the shows which was unknown for the others. When he died in 2003, those tapes was given to Waters since he has the copyright for The Wall. Waters has many many years said he will some day release a video of the show, and after the "new" tapes was discovery he said once again that it would be released one day because of the amazing upgrade they was compare to the tapes he own. Even before Waters 2010 - 2013 The Wall tour, he had put together a complete show dvd of the "new" tapes that he showed in full to the Venice band (backup singers for the tour) to show them how the original show was done. - norwaydg in Youtube

I just created a page of the Tour if you want to see Rare Stuff

https://pinkfloyd198081.wixsite.com/thewalltour198081

BTW, the site is not complete
Ajax123
Embryo
Embryo

Re: The Wall Tour 1980-81 Footage

Post by Ajax123 »

I think Roger needs someone to remind him that he has to publish those shows, lets do a campaign on Twitter or Facebook hahahah. And about your doubts, the show of August 8, 1980 and August 9, are recorded on tape, I think maybe they recorded those shows to publish them officially some day, or at least to see how everything turned out, but as Roger had arranged to make a movie, took advantage of several 1981 dates in Earls Court to record them properly on film but all that was in vain because Parker decided not to use any of that more than the audio of the master of ceremonies in The Trial, when Pink is in the bathroom. I guess you've seen The Happiest Days of Our Lives in the documentary: The other side of the wall, it's the same as the video of the box set of The Wall, obviously remastered and with other camera angles and those things. I dream of a whole concert in full hd and the other video tape concert also in very good quality, I hope Roger starts working on that.
EarlsFloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by EarlsFloyd »

yeah!! but Roger is busy with a Dictator right now! :roll: ](*,) :(
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Releasing the Wall footage might be great just to see the original four Floyds play together. But visually it might be a real dissapointment. The show was rocket science back then but i highly doubt anybody will be impressed by 80s lights and flickering projections now. Still want to see it though.
EarlsFloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by EarlsFloyd »

Yeah, but to me the visual and the quality is not a big thing, i just want to see the 4 guys playing the great wall as you say, BUUUUT! Roger Is busy... with a dictator.
DrNakano
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DrNakano »

Some of the excerpts I have seen on youtube are in excellent quality (once cleaned up and remastered etc), and we have been starved of good quality "classic era" footage for what feels like an eternity. Please Roger, just put it out there. You will make many people very happy!
EarlsFloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by EarlsFloyd »

this is ALL the HD stuff at the moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzILhcGv00U
PinkPhishPhan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PinkPhishPhan »

One can only hope Roger considers 2020 as the 40th anniversary of “The Wall” because of the show dates, not 1979. Then we have another shot.

And maybe he’ll do it as a way to spite the later years release sales.