Question about "The Early Years" box set(s)

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
rorygentry
Axe
Axe

Question about "The Early Years" box set(s)

Post by rorygentry »

I'm thinking about finally taking the plunge and buying "The Early Years" box set(s), but I have a question...

I see that they sell the six individual sets (1965-67, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972) on Pink Floyd's site for about $297.00.

If I go to Amazon, I find the same six sets (1965-67, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972) individually for about $235.23.

THEN, I also find an option on Amazon that runs between $450-500, and it looks like it comes in one giant box (black with a white stripe, like their old van).

The descriptions on the various websites are poor, and it is hard to tell- would I be missing something by purchasing the sets individually? :?: Is there something else in the big "van" box that makes it worth $200-$250 more? :?: Does it come with a bag of David's fingernail clippings and a lock of Roger's hair? Maybe some pebbles from Pompeii, or some pie with no crust? :lol:

The only difference I can really see in the photos is that it looks like there is a seventh set (bright blue cover) in the big "van" box, but I don't know what it is. The photo is too small to read what the set with the blue cover contains.

I'd like to be sure that I'm getting "everything" that is available, but the $200-250 price difference is quite confusing to me. Any clarification would be appreciated!

EDIT: Naturally, after spending an hour or so researching and then posting this question, I happened across a YouTube video that holds what I think is the answer to the question. None of the websites described the "van" box as the "Super Deluxe Edition," but that's what it is. It does include a bonus 7th set that is not available individually, as well as several 45 RPM records and reproduction memorabilia. See this video for more details: https://youtu.be/Rs6NaIcuuE8
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about "The Early Years" box set(s)

Post by twcc »

^^^
You've answered your own question.