Re: The Later Years 1986-2014

Post by DarkSideFreak »

What actually happened to "Peace Be With You"? :?:
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

Shame there is no inclusion of Scott Page’s camcorder footage from the AMLoR tour ?
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

I’m very intrigued about the AMLOR remake. Some parts do sound “empty” without Wright’s textures and the drumming is very clearly not Mason on some songs. Not holding my breath for his drumming but at least I won’t be hearing session chops anymore.
mabewa
Axe
Axe

Post by mabewa »

For what it's worth, the Wiki page on the boxed set now says that the 'new' Rick parts will be lifted from live performances, which is what they were talking about doing after Rick died, so it sounds plausible. That said, the article that is used as a link for this statement doesn't actually seem to state that live parts will be used, so who really knows?

As others have said above, from what we know about the history of the album, it's not likely that they had a whole bunch of unused Rick parts that weren't included in the original mix.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

mabewa wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:32 am For what it's worth, the Wiki page on the boxed set now says that the 'new' Rick parts will be lifted from live performances, which is what they were talking about doing after Rick died, so it sounds plausible. That said, the article that is used as a link for this statement doesn't actually seem to state that live parts will be used, so who really knows?

As others have said above, from what we know about the history of the album, it's not likely that they had a whole bunch of unused Rick parts that weren't included in the original mix.
It's something that was brought up right when we first heard about the possibility (which must be almost ten years ago). And of course, David himself is a capable keyboard player who can imitate Rick's textures to a degree (remember his first solo album), plus maybe Jon Carin also re-did some things?
ect0plasme
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ect0plasme »

In the few pictures from the set that I have seen, I noticed this logo:

Anybody would know what it refers to?
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

The logo just looks like a stylised 'P' and 'F' ... reflected vertically
ect0plasme
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ect0plasme »

Oh yeah I see it now ! :lol: But it hasn't been seen before?
mabewa
Axe
Axe

Post by mabewa »

For what it's worth, the vocal sections on One Slip sound now have some totally awesome organ playing that sounds almost stereotypically like Rick. I think they got some good live performance(s) of the song, isolated the Rick's parts, and pasted them in. It sounds fantastic.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

DarkSideFreak wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:17 pm It's something that was brought up right when we first heard about the possibility (which must be almost ten years ago).
Mason was talking about doing it way back when he published his autobiography back in '06 and even then he was saying "we would take live recordings of Wright and have me re-record the drums because I had to learn the lines for the tour anyway so it seems a shame to not have recorded them in the studio".
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It would seem the new box set is suffering from production and logistics delays.

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/prod ... rs-box-set
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Keith Jordan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:53 pm It would seem the new box set is suffering from production and logistics delays.

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/prod ... rs-box-set
Curious. I wonder what these problems could be.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Possibly quality control or perhaps production capacity. The vinyl is set for November release so must be some of the other materials. Perhaps we will never know.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Would like to see how the 2CD version charts if it's coming out before the box. Is it one CD or Two vinyl? I can only find the tracklisting for the first disc on Amazon.
Is the tracklist for the sampler online yet?
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:10 pm Would like to see how the 2CD version charts if it's coming out before the box. Is it one CD or Two vinyl? I can only find the tracklisting for the first disc on Amazon.
Is the tracklist for the sampler online yet?
From my quick Google, it's a 1CD highlights set, which is transcribed to vinyl as a 2LP release