Looking for Steve O’Rourkes daughter - Kate

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
JulieZen
Embryo
Embryo

Looking for Steve O’Rourkes daughter - Kate

Post by JulieZen »

Hi there. I’m new to this forum.

Can anyone help me track down Kate O’Rourke, Steve O’Rourkes daughter?
She was friends with my fiancé when they were about 15/16 years of age. Kate lived in the big house in Pyrford, Surrey and my fiancé lived opposite in the old cottage. They became good friends and used to be taken by a chauffeur driven car to the Pink Floyd concerts and went backstage. What a treat!!

It was an amazing experience for 2 teenagers to enjoy but they lost touch after moving away and my fiancé Steve has never been able to trace her?

He’d love to hear from her and know she is well. We are getting married this year and I’m sure he’d love to catch up with Kate and reminisce. I’d love to meet/hear from her too. I’m sure she could share some great stories. I was Steve’s childhood sweetheart and knew the house too as I lived round the corner opposite the old Rowley Bristow hospital ( which has gone now) along Floyds Lane in Pyrford.

Please does anyone know where Kate is now and did she marry and change her name?

Thank you. I know it would be an amazing wedding present to find his long lost friend!
dj865
Blade
Blade

Re: Looking for Steve O’Rourkes daughter - Kate

Post by dj865 »

must say, slightly unusual post 😂 Just to check, as it's pretty confusing, is there two Steves in this scenario? Steve O'Rourke (Floyd manager) and other Steve (your fiance, former friend of Kate)?

Assume you've done a considerable amount of social media stalking before landing up on here?!
JulieZen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by JulieZen »

Yes apologies for the confusion! Yes two Steve’s! One is the manager and the other my fiancé! It is unusual but I’ve exhausted all other avenues. If she married and changed her name, it would be pretty hard to track her down. 😊
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

I just had to look it up, there really is a 'Floyds Lane' in Pyrford.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Good luck with the search, I suspect Kate (Katheryne) is now Kate Winter -
Kingston Green Radio wrote:
Kate Winter is the daughter of Pink Floyd manager, Steve O'Rourke who managed the band until his death in 2003.

Young Kate was no more than a toddler when she became part of the Pink Floyd family, consistently touring the world as the band reached spectacular stardom with albums such as Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here, topping the album charts. Her young life's was filled with experiences of behind the scenes activities of arguably the greatest ever rock band.

Join Kate in conversation with Sam Hermitage reminiscing over these years from holidays in St Tropaz to Race Horses in the garden in Esher. From Hollywood to LA. In between listening to some of the bands greatest recordings.
https://www.mixcloud.com/kingstongreenr ... the-floyd/
Kingston Green Radio wrote:
This second interview traces Kate Winter's life from 1983 to 2003. From convent school to the QE2 on route Malibu.For the rehearsals of the classic album 'The Wall'. Earthquakes, Hotel California, A chance meeting with Ryan O'Neil, Having the EMKA racing team named after her, Live Aid, all shadowed by the growing tensions within the band and her own family.

We are very grateful to Kate as all in all its a great story, backed by some terrific music of the later Pink Floyd period.

Dedicated to Kate's Father 'Steve O'Rourke' 1940 -2003
https://www.mixcloud.com/kingstongreenr ... yd-part-2/
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Kate in the arms of Judy
Kate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JulieZen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by JulieZen »

That’s brilliant! We’ve been listening to it. Steve instantly recognised her voice! I’ve made his day! (In fact you did, by finding this!) we will try and find out more. I’ll update when I hear more 👍🏻
JulieZen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by JulieZen »

And yes. I did live in Floyds Lane!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

OFF TOPIC ... but in these weird COVID-19 days, so what

Kate's grandfather Tommy, ie Steve O'Rourke's father, was a shark fisherman and is featured in the classic documentary film called 'Man of Aran'; some on this forum may know the film or the musical soundtrack via the 2008 version by British Sea Power. The film is due to air on TV (in the UK) at 9.20-am on Monday 4th May on 'Talking Pictures' (Freeview 81, Freesat 306, Sky 328 and Virgin 445).
JulieZen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by JulieZen »

Many thanks for that Tim 👍🏻