Listen to Early Morning Henry featuring Pink Floyd

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Listen to Early Morning Henry featuring Pink Floyd

Post by Wolfpack »

Keith Jordan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:06 amThere is no issue inputting your point across, it's just the flooding of the same point.
The NPF Forum has lots of contributors flooding the same point, over and over again. (Waters is an evil dictator...)
So, I don't understand why you're picking me out. :cry:

Something I forgot to reply:
hallucalation wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:52 amThere's at least one acetate of Pink Floyd from 1965 that completely does not sound like them and there's no studio documents or anything, yet it's on official release and no one question it's authencity. If that acetate (Remember Me) would had surfaced same way as Henry, i think everyone would suspect it to be fake.
Comparing 1965's Pink Floyd with 1967's Pink Floyd might be like comparing 1965's Beatles with 1967's Beatles.
Comparing 'Help!' with 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'... Musically rather different, but performed by the same group.
I think the 'Henry' acetate should be compared with especially 1967's Pink Floyd.

And to my ears, most of the 1965 recordings obviously contain at least Barrett's vocals.
Only 'Remember Me' sounds strange to me, but that's just one of the acetate's six songs.
hallucalation wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:52 amName of Pink Floyd is already removed from auction description due to Paul Loasby's request. However this person does not act the same way when fake acetates of Pink Floyd are selling at inflated prices on Ebay for large sums of money. Weird, isn'it?
Didn't those fake acetates contain proven Pink Floyd recordings? 'Scream Thy Last Scream', 'Vegetable Man', for example.

It's all like comparing apples and oranges, to me.
(Yet another Pink Floyd reference...) ;)
hallucalation
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hallucalation »

I'm congratulating Wolfpack for driving the seller away from this thread or for answering any questions elsewhere and for his Trump level of logic. In the future the seller or someone else will think twice before uploading any new discovery in the internet. To avoid dealing with such an obtuse "experts".

And no one should convince you that this is PF. Are you a potential buyer? No. Did seller owes you something? No either. Either accept it or move away. This is a commercial enterprise, not an educational or research project. You are not going to waste a cent on it. No one owes you any explanations.

I have a difficulty contacting the seller now, thanks to Wolfpack's "work".

Paul Loasby will not hire you, no point to protect him. He have his own lawyer. Besides again you are proving that you are know absolutely nothing about Loasby. He made a legal threats to my friend after he just offered him best quality BBC tapes for Early Years.

" I even provided them with the best sounding bootleg versions of the BBC stuff and got an email back vaguely threatening legal action to acquire the "tapes" I had".

Just stop polluting this thread already.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

hallucalation wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:02 pmThis is a commercial enterprise, not an educational or research project.
Commercial enterprise? Where? People shouldn't do research? :shock:
hallucalation wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:02 pm[Your friend about Paul Loasby] " I even provided them with the best sounding bootleg versions of the BBC stuff and got an email back vaguely threatening legal action to acquire the "tapes" I had".
The BBC recordings are proven Pink Floyd recordings. And I've read (somewhere on the internet) that the tapes are seen as being stolen, even though they've been rescued from BBC's policy of erasing a huge part of their archive.

I'm not defending this Loasby (whom I don't know) in general. Rather the contrary, concerning the inferior BBC copies on the 'Early Years' box.
All I wanted to say is, even a supposed almighty Pink Floyd manager can't just do anything.
hallucalation
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hallucalation »

What research? All i see is you harassing and attacking the seller since the first page. Is that the way you usually do "research"?

The point about BBC tapes is also off the mark. What was offered to PF was off-air tapes taped by radio fans in 1967. Also PF does not own BBC recordings, it's BBC who owns them. No one ever stoled them. It is totally untrue.

I don't know if the links to other forums are allowed here: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... t-25104313
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Jumaris wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:38 am Well I loved ❤️ the Archies myself, I’m a girl of the generation who grew up listening to pop music.
And how much would you pay for a lost Archies reel?
Jumaris wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:38 am I appreciate the discourse no matter the detractors.
Glad to hear it.
Jumaris wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:38 am Whether this song sounds like PF or not isn’t the point.
It's MY point. In a sane society these recordings would not be worth more than the price of a typical cd. I think they're irrelevant, pink floyd or not. And I definitely don't give a shit if Wolfpack is convinced. I'm a detractor.
Jumaris wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:38 am Life can’t all be doom and gloom. Not when there’s music and art to appreciate.
I think you mean music and art to "exploit".
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

hallucalation wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:48 pmWhat research? All i see is you harassing and attacking the seller since the first page. Is that the way you usually do "research"?
I've just been asking for evidence, sharing my doubts about what has been supplied so far.
hallucalation wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:48 pmI don't know if the links to other forums are allowed here: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... t-25104313
I certainly don't mind sharing links to other forums, even though I'm just one inferior. (Barrett reference.)
I'm rather angry about the 'Early Years' being a mess, but that's a different discussion.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The auction is less than a week away. Anyone putting a bid in?
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Keith Jordan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:58 pmThe auction is less than a week away. Anyone putting a bid in?
Maybe we can start a crowdfunding, to give the acetate to the Butler family.
At least, I hope they'll have a chance to obtain the recording - for a reasonable price. [-o<
Jumaris
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Jumaris »

And how much would you pay for a lost Archies reel?
Zip.nada.nothing for a lost Archie’s tape.
I’m waiting for that rare Harry Styles lost audio or leaked sex tape at this stage of my adult life. 😬 Don’t care who knows it.

I’d maybe buy an Elton John, Michael Hutchence, David Bowie, or George Michael reel. And the more I learn about Syd and his aesthetic during his moments in the sun I’m becoming a fan.
I think you mean music and art to "exploit".
In the music business the exploitation starts the minute artists sign a contract, or a shady bar owner under pays. Or a PR firm crafts their image. Or When managers closet their clients because it might affect sales. Etc.

I do see that you mean well by playing devils advocate. Pointing out the ridiculousness of the historical value of anything is just looking at the B side of the same vinyl, and I think the antiques roadshow would probably beg to differ because the market sets the value. You Cannot negate the existence of the market. Music collection is a valuable secondary market for the industry as a whole.

But To boil it down in more human terms, those with disposable income don’t necessarily have the sense or wherewithal to place different values on spending their money. They have the luxury of choice. Those who live on a survival income prioritize their needs, and those with nothing and are down to just basic human survival couldnt care less that we’re having this discourse.
Jumaris
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Jumaris »

Wolfpack wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:12 pm
Keith Jordan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:58 pmThe auction is less than a week away. Anyone putting a bid in?
Maybe we can start a crowdfunding, to give the acetate to the Butler family.
At least, I hope they'll have a chance to obtain the recording - for a reasonable price. [-o<
🤗❤️

We met yesterday, and discussed making a bid ourselves, and I have signed up for the auction. But after much consideration it seems even if we had the acetate, PF would shut us down in a heartbeat if we ever tried to link the two without proof. We have much better quality recordings of the song.

But with that said, whoever does purchase it can always email a digital copy to us, which could potentially increase the value of it if we were to pursue releasing the full audio with the composer rights on our side.

The sticking point is still linking the recording to PF.

Thanks everyone for the input. Such a passionate fandom that Pink Floyd richly deserves. An Iconic, one of a kind band that has enjoyed the longevity of adoration from fans that so few achieve.

❤️
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Is there any news on digitising the analogue reels you have of the song? Or sharing an acoustic performance perhaps? It would be fantastic to hear the full song.
Jumaris
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Jumaris »

Keith Jordan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:46 pm Is there any news on digitising the analogue reels you have of the song? Or sharing an acoustic performance perhaps? It would be fantastic to hear the full song.
My sister purchased a reel to reel from someone and discovered it’s not working properly, so she has to take it back and get it fixed. We could probably just have a one off digital recording done professionally, locally in Vancouver. I’m researching it.

We met yesterday with dad and recorded him talking about the song. He did play a few bars of it, but without any rehearsal we didn’t get very much that he would want us to share.

Will Wait to see what my sister Jakalin does with what she recorded yesterday, hopefully you’ll enjoy him talking about some of the details.

It was nice because we had a family jam session, and it’s been quite a few years since we have done that. We have both performed with him doing harmonies in shows past, and it was fun to recreate our three party harmony. My sister plays the piano as well. She is also the keeper of the music catalog, she has lots of great ideas for the future of it.
I am the keeper of the visual files and have created and update the online and social media presence. It’s a collective effort for our family.

We will be organizing an 80th birthday concert for December 18th. And we have already invited a few local musician friends to participate. I’m also trying to find a way to do a live stream concert event. So those of you interested can stay tuned. I’ll update you on how to get the information when I have it.

thanks again Keith Jordan
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Auction day is here! It will be interesting to see how much it goes for and who buys it. Whoever it is, they must respect the copyright owners.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

The David Bowie acetate (lot 5) was estimated at £3,000 to £5,000 and sold at £8,600
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

The star lot of 'Early Morning Henry' (lot 9) was estimated at £3,000 to £5,000 and sold at £3,000 ... rather, surprisingly, low.