Post A Pink Floyd Picture

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Post A Pink Floyd Picture

Post by Kerry King »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:27 pm My favourite Pink Floyd image will always be the Meddle gatefold.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

The last (so far) in-person meeting between Gilmour, Mason and Waters happened in June 2019 - it would be spectacular if someone took a photo 8)
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:54 pm During The Final Cut sessions:

Spectacular stuff. Where did you find this? There are more Final Cut photos, all three together.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Hadrian wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:57 pm Spectacular stuff. Where did you find this? There are more Final Cut photos, all three together.
https://lucy-pepper.tumblr.com/

Roger, 2004:
And then there were rumours that you and Dave were never actually in the studio at the same time.
"That's just not true. I have vivid memories of sitting in the back of the room playing Donkey Kong for hour after hour. After we'd got into it a bit, he didn't come in very much. The big argument was whether he'd be getting a production credit and a point off the top for producing the record. He didn't produce it. He didn't want it to be made. He was disinterested in the album. He didn't get the production credit. He did, however, insist on taking the point off the top."

How did he manage that?
"Just by being obdurate. That was when we really fell out, over all that. He and I faced off about it, and Nick… I had this one telephone conversation with Nick about that. He said 'I think you’re completely right about this, but I’m going to side with Dave cos that’s where my bread’s buttered.'"

The line about Nick is really odd, unless he's talking about a conversation from several years later, because otherwise it makes no sense.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Nick was going through a divorce at that time and remained distant, but he said later that he did not think it was the end (and it wasn't).
shoutinyoursleep
Axe
Axe

Post by shoutinyoursleep »

I love this one, climax of Shine On, don't know if its 1974 or 75.
livepicture1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Hadrian wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:49 pm Nick was going through a divorce at that time and remained distant, but he said later that he did not think it was the end (and it wasn't).
I just meant that Roger seemed to be claiming that Nick sided with Dave during The Final Cut, even though Roger was still very much in the band and none of them were suggesting moving forward without him.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Here are some additional photos from The Final Cut recording sessions in 1982. The bearded guy with Waters, Gilmour and Mason is Hugo Zuccarelli.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theembryo
Axe
Axe

Post by theembryo »

shoutinyoursleep wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:28 pm I love this one, climax of Shine On, don't know if its 1974 or 75.

livepicture1.jpg
1974 British Winter Tour
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Thank you for The Final Cut pictures. Wonder how the band behaved when Hugo was in the studio with them? Bet you Dave never said call me when you need a solo during those sessions
EasyNightsDay
Embryo
Embryo

Post by EasyNightsDay »

Here's one of roger I found, sorry for the low quality :D