Live At Knebworth '90- April 30th 2021

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Gslatner
Axe
Axe

Re: Live At Knebworth '90- April 30th 2021

Post by Gslatner »

I don’t understand how every time it always come back to Roger VS David. You are never going to convince the other side to change sides so stop trying for God’s sake.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

i agree its old boring and tiresome Roger V David arguments so is the constant slagging off this era of PF
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

azza200 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:10 pmi agree its old boring and tiresome Roger V David arguments so is the constant slagging off this era of PF
I'm in the same boat, even if appear to be an instigating asshole about it. So be it. The typical criticism of AMLOR is that it would have been somehow better with Roger involved, which blows my mind because he is so disappointed with his own work from that period. It could've been worse.

I know everyone enjoys music in a different way, but I've seen half of a stadium nearly soil themselves at the first few notes of "Sorrow", and I've watched half of the crowd at an outdoor arena head to the can during "The Powers That Be".

Feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

i have also seen die hard roger fanatics say they prefer Dave K too Gilmour and Rogers show have more soul and passion :lol: good example was when Pulse DSOTM was on Sky Arts and Rogers U&T was on after someone left a comment in a floyd group saying "Sky Arts got Pulse on now Dark Side it doesnt get any better sadly oh well Roger is on next that'll do it. A bit of passion and soul in it then."

I mean it took Roger over 20 years to release a new solo album yet he called the others back in the day milking the band name PF yet what has he been doing even more then David since his DSOTM tour playing his version of PF with no new material till has last tour. David only tours with new music and is more business savvy then Roger in that sense.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

edits, edits everywhere. Why the H is SOYCD from that show edited to 10 minutes? It is a bit more than one minute longer in the root version.

I'll not bother at the moment to check by myself if it is just audience stuff being edited, or if it is the song itself being cut. I hope it is the former.
But, since the Marooned massacre of the Echoes compilation, I would not be surprised if a key part of the performance has been cut out.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

on i tunes its 11.16 which is the same as in TLY box set once its released it will be full length
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Eclipse wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:54 am But, since the Marooned massacre of the Echoes compilation
I will never ever for the life of me ever approach understanding why they bothered to add Marooned if they were going to chop well over half of it off. Cutting off a bit of the tail end for a segue would have been fine, maybe a bar or two out of the song to be certain it would fit on an 80 minute CD, but three and a half minutes? What's the point at that stage?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Eclipse wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:54 am edits, edits everywhere. Why the H is SOYCD from that show edited to 10 minutes? It is a bit more than one minute longer in the root version.

I'll not bother at the moment to check by myself if it is just audience stuff being edited, or if it is the song itself being cut. I hope it is the former.
But, since the Marooned massacre of the Echoes compilation, I would not be surprised if a key part of the performance has been cut out.
the worst edit for Knebworth is the pointless edits in the CN solo ruins it flow and build up it did not need to be badly edited
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:01 pm The typical criticism of AMLOR is that it would have been somehow better with Roger involved, which blows my mind because he is so disappointed with his own work from that period. It could've been worse.
That is one of the most salient points of that era I've ever seen.

But I'll say this, Dave made Roger better and Roger made Dave better.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

I'm a freak for live albums and I'm interested.

But $40 for 7 songs that I have on basically every other live album...

I'll be surprised to see myself pull the trigger on this one.

(Note I buy exclusively vinyl)

But, let me add, cheers to the boys for emptying the cupboard. More bands should be doing this.

(Second note: I said the same things about Iron Maiden's last live album and it's on the shelf.)
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

battra wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:14 pm
ZiggyZipgun wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:01 pm The typical criticism of AMLOR is that it would have been somehow better with Roger involved, which blows my mind because he is so disappointed with his own work from that period. It could've been worse.
That is one of the most salient points of that era I've ever seen.

But I'll say this, Dave made Roger better and Roger made Dave better.
I have always said Pink Floyd was greater than the sum of it's parts.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

CharlieBoy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:02 am I accept that the 'intro' is a waste of time - but the song itself is magnificent! [-X
Took years to grow on me - just in time for David's 2016 tour, where it was one of the highlights, even if he didn't do the start/stop thing from the 1994 tour.

Still think there are stronger chord sequences on AMLOR but the song has a dark power that's hard to deny.
Eclipse wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:00 am Sadly, I think they only recorded good quality videos of SYOCD and Run Like Hell from this show.
No, only those two songs were included on the official Knebworth video (VHS / DVD / Blu-Ray).
dj865 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:46 pm 7 tracks, 3 of which are on the Later Years "Highlights" CD - I don't think I need to buy this for 4 songs!
You can already hear five songs as part of my Spotify playlist of PF rarities here (and CN is in full length):

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Osm3 ... 998fae46a1
Eclipse wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:54 am edits, edits everywhere. Why the H is SOYCD from that show edited to 10 minutes? It is a bit more than one minute longer in the root version.
Rules for singles on some streaming / download platforms.
theaussiefloydian wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:43 pmI will never ever for the life of me ever approach understanding why they bothered to add Marooned if they were going to chop well over half of it off. Cutting off a bit of the tail end for a segue would have been fine, maybe a bar or two out of the song to be certain it would fit on an 80 minute CD, but three and a half minutes? What's the point at that stage?
It was just used as a bridge between Hey You and Great Gig. Balancing out the material all the while trying to fill the disc without leaving empty spaces 8) must've been a hard task...
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

DarkSideFreak wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:44 pm
Rules for singles on some streaming / download platforms.
This makes sense. I feel like then if this be the case then the full versions should be on the album when it releases.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

good god they have uploaded CN from Knebworth audio and its shorter then before the video footage is due at 5pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJezSFXOjHM

They have butchered CN
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

azza200 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:08 am good god they have uploaded CN from Knebworth audio and its shorter then before the video footage is due at 5pm
Given that they have now released 6 of the 7 tracks ahead of time, I firmly believe the full cuts from the Later Years CD will be present on the album release proper. The fact that the "edit" on streaming services at the moment of "The Great Gig in the Sky" is 4:53 and the video on their page is 5:25, I feel confident in that guess.