36%

Total votes: 33

ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Re: A Momentary Lapse of Reason vs Radio KAOS

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Race is a social construct.

But as a life-long atheist (and thereby textbook pessimist), I actually believe it is irresponsible to have children, period. And without really going any further into that, I will add my current theory that men and women's "biological clock" - that desperate urge to procreate - is just evolution's way of saying telling you that your genes left something to be desired, but the next iteration is ready and it's time to get them out there.

The Final Cut sold three million copies in the first few years after its release, and about a half million in the thirty-something years since. By "couldn't compete" you mean The Wall outsold it ten times over. Commercially, it's dogshit.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:02 am But as a life-long atheist (and thereby textbook pessimist), I actually believe it is irresponsible to have children, period. And without really going any further into that, I will add my current theory that men and women's "biological clock" - that desperate urge to procreate - is just evolution's way of saying telling you that your genes left something to be desired, but the next iteration is ready and it's time to get them out there.
Given that you're unable to conceive of adults having anything to do with children that ISN'T sexual, I thank the God that you don't believe in that you won't be procreating. I'm glad that you're taking it upon yourself to ensure that what your parents clearly did to you isn't done to others by you.

I applaud you.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

:lol:
Brings back memories of the old days. Thanks guys.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I just know that if I had a child, and they ever tried to argue that Radio KAOS was worth listening to, I'd drown them in the bathtub.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

Kerry King wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:19 pm I want you
I need you
But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you
- Meatloaf, Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

Ziggy, I believe these lines accurately describe your feelings about Roger Waters :lol:
---
Ok. This is getting ridiculous. AMLOR (album and tour) sold on the strength of past albums/tours.

Ziggy, your dislike for Waters is clouding your posts. When do you move on? I've given Waters plenty of shit here but I don't need to pretend that AMLOR is a great pf album. I don't need to pretend Waters was not a significant factor in pf's artistic triumphs. It's absurd revisionism. Now, let's all listen to Bat Out Of Hell and dream about kicking Jim Steinman in the nuts.
You nailed it.

However, Bat Out of Hell is a MASSIVE achivement.

Most of the rest of his records are ass crack terrible...but not that one!
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:39 pm I'm still trying to reconcile my perception of the American heartland with your tale of roaming herds of knowledgable children wearing Meat Loaf t-shirts. It sounds like a Gerald Scarfe cartoon. I would be surprised if there's more than one, but if there's more than two, then there are a lot of people that can cancel their trips to Thailand. How many different fertility drugs was your Meat Loaf-obsessed friend abusing in 2011?
There was me..

1992...chemistry class... My friend Sue lent me her copy of Bat Out of Hell.

I think you perhaps, might not have the greatest idea of what life is like here in Flyover Country.

To say we were raised on a steady diet of classic rock is a bigger understatement than, ya know, that Waters guy? He writes some good tunes.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:08 am I just know that if I had a child, and they ever tried to argue that Radio KAOS was worth listening to, I'd drown them in the bathtub.
My exwife's bro...her mother tried to drown him in the bathtub.

You're a very odd dude...this coming another very odd dude indeed.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

battra wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:48 pm He writes some good tunes.
Wrote.
battra wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:48 pm My exwife's bro...her mother tried to drown him in the bathtub.
Tried?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:08 am I just know that if I had a child, and they ever tried to argue that Radio KAOS was worth listening to, I'd drown them in the bathtub.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, Groomer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Take superstition out of the equation and there's zero reason to reproduce.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:54 pm
battra wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:48 pm He writes some good tunes.
Wrote.
I believe he said he's got some tunes coming... ergo writes.
ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:54 pm
battra wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:48 pm My exwife's bro...her mother tried to drown him in the bathtub.
Tried?
Correct.

And failed.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

battra wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:46 pm I believe he said he's got some tunes coming... ergo writes.
Yes, but he hasn't put out a good one in twenty years.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:50 pm
battra wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:46 pm I believe he said he's got some tunes coming... ergo writes.
Yes, but he hasn't put out a good one in twenty years.
Hard disagree.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I was being generous, since he never released a proper studio recording of "Each Small Candle" - scrapped that whole 9/11-internet-heartland concept he was working on, and thank baby Jesus he did.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:30 pm Take superstition out of the equation and there's zero reason to reproduce.
Vanity is a superstition?