64%
Radio KAOS
36%

Total votes: 33

mosespa

Re: A Momentary Lapse of Reason vs Radio KAOS

Post by mosespa »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:22 pm
mosespa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:37 pm I'd like to think that, too...but here in the States, that "vocal minority" is who is effecting the most change.
True on both sides. Not every conservative is a lunatic Trump cultist. Not every liberal bats for the Democrats regardless of what they say. But alas they are the louder.
And no one is telling them to sit down and shut up; which they are taking as encouragement.
flashback wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:07 pm

This is why I try to go down the middle.
I'm sure you remember my analogy about shades of grey and how they muddy the water and how muddying the water is the defense mechanism of spineless creatures.

I'm sure you might also remember my assertion that any shade of grey contains either more black than white or more white than black and so is more firmly on one side than the other. Any shade of grey can be reduced to black or to white.

Going down the middle is simply refusing to take one side over the other. It's an evasive maneuver which, in the end, helps no one.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Mos, most of the answers to our problems are found in the middle, not on one side or the other. Most good answers to problems are a win for both sides or as some say a loss for both sides. We can't live in the extremes of either side. The biggest problem we have is some just want to fight and not find answers to the problems.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I think that Radio KAOS is a brilliant album; even more so when taken as the "Project KAOS" expansion with all the b-sides and demo tracks added. As a fan of 80's music, I was pleased to see Waters try to sound at least somewhat different from "that guy from Pink Floyd who went solo." While it's aged horribly, I do wish he would at least try out "Who Needs Information" or "The Powers That Be" live. Hell, if he can turn "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" into lounge jazz, he could try another arrangement for these tracks.

Flashback, I agree with you on extremes; the only reason I refuse to identify as a "Centrist" is because it doesn't matter to the extremists on the Left. If you aren't one of them, you're garbage and not to be TAWLerated. I do believe that people should be able to do whatever they wish, providing that they aren't trying to force others to participate or subsidize it.

Apparently, it's that last part which makes me a Nazifascist. *shrug*

But Radio KAOS is a CRACKIN' album, in my view. Certainly my favorite of his solo albums.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

You probably shouldn't worry about what extremists think, especially if you live in Heartland, BFE.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

mosespa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:47 pm I do wish he would at least try out "Who Needs Information" or "The Powers That Be" live. Hell, if he can turn "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" into lounge jazz, he could try another arrangement for these tracks.
You might have some luck next year. The Powers That Be was heard in the trailer for the This Is Not A Drill Tour. He seems to have dusted that one off.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I highly doubt This is Not a Drill will happen. Other tours are just getting underway, and fully vaccinated concertgoers are already getting sick again. That should be his next concept album, but if the next one comes 25 years after the last one, he'll be 99 and a-moldering in the grave. Glory, glory, hallelujah.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:07 pm You probably shouldn't worry about what extremists think, especially if you live in Heartland, BFE.
You'd be surprised at how many Extreme Leftists there are in this area.

You probably shouldn't go running off at the mouth about things you know nothing about. Just a friendly suggestion.

This is twice now that you've been horribly off. Are you learning anything about the folly of prejudice, yet?
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I don't worry about what extremists think, especially those in Heartland, BFE.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Mos, I'm in the same state as you about 3 hours east. There are plenty of right and left wing nut in this state.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

You can go three hours east of me and still be in the same state? <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii>
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Probably what Donald Trump would call a "shithole."
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Extremes are reached by increments.
mosespa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:20 am Going down the middle is simply refusing to take one side over the other. It's an evasive maneuver which, in the end, helps no one.
There are many sides. The 2 "sides" you speak of are made up of flies fighting over a pile of shit. Not only do I help myself by evading the flies and the shit, I also reach a vantage point that is inaccessible from either of those 2 supposed sides. I'm not going down the middle either. I'm above it. Welcome to MY side. Nothing but flyswatters up here.
ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:01 pm I highly doubt This is Not a Drill will happen. Other tours are just getting underway, and fully vaccinated concertgoers are already getting sick again. That should be his next concept album, but if the next one comes 25 years after the last one, he'll be 99 and a-moldering in the grave. Glory, glory, hallelujah.
Speaking of sick concertgoers...
It would be great if you and Mosespa could discuss Bowie's process of watering down vital American musical forms in his pursuit of fame and fashion sales. Or maybe a quick essay on the importance of costume changes when the music just isn't enough. Hell, I'd settle for a 25 word blurb describing the celebration of mediocrity that is Diamond Dogs, Aladdin Sane, or any other piece of commercial fluff from the MainMan era.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Just to avoid being reprimanded about staying on topic, I'll start a new thread on this notion.

Thanks for the inspiration, Kerry King!
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

AMLoR is, in my opinion, a very inconsistent album. But, it has some excellent PF songs including On The Turning Away and Sorrow.

RK is much more consistent. But, it's consistently second tier (if not third teir) PF and is ruined by the production.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

mosespa wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:11 am You can go three hours east of me and still be in the same state? <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii>
You and flashback live in KY right? So do I. Born and raised. Lexington area.