Marooned Jam Session - Cosmic 13

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Marooned Jam Session - Cosmic 13

Post by raisemyrent »

did anyone catch the new video (audio really) posted for rick's bday, with the full original marooned jam?
https://youtu.be/nq-qT_jt0Xg

It was called cosmic 13; IIRC, Bob ezrin labelled the jams based on a simple category system, bluesy, cosmic, and another one, which I think was "song". I googled for an interview with him explaining it with no avail.
Anyway, the demo is very good, it really does pick up speed, so to speak. It really does send chills... way more music oozing out of these guys in a simple jam than on many other things, especially a RW album (there it is). I just about got shivers when Rick goes over to the organ. Shame he is not actually that prominent on the final version of the song, as per jon carin.
Luca
Axe
Axe

Re: Marooned Jam Session - Cosmic 13

Post by Luca »

That's clearly an answer to the ongoing Carin's statements ("no melody, lousy chord progression, I played what I felt like playing..."). JC replied in quite an astonishing way: he posted photos of RW as a happy birthday gift and then pointed out that RW didn't play almost anything after 1977 :shock:
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Oh was he at it on Facebook again? I couldn’t find the posts. I think I used to follow him and gave up based on his comments.
Luca
Axe
Axe

Post by Luca »

He also wrote that in the 80s he had to spend a lot of time helping RW to learn how to play the songs, instead of focusing on his own career. The Big C strikes again every other day.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

According to Rick Wright in an interview with Redbeard prior to The Division Bell's release, Rick said this to Redbeard "Nick will play all of the drums, I will play all of the keyboards and Jon Carin came in as a programmer and played SOME of the keyboards". Vernon Fitch and Andy Mabbett's books on the band verified Rick's quote.

https://www.inthestudio.net/online-on-d ... ight-3-94/ Go to 1:15 in and Rick says that

Rick's quote to Redbeard was not edited, it is in full UNCUT AND UNEDITED.

Also on Echoes : The Best of Pink Floyd it says Jon Carin : Additional keyboards on Marooned, Additional keyboards on Keep Talking and Piano on High Hopes.