Pink Floyd / David Gilmour ripping off The Alan Parsons Project & others?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Re: Pink Floyd / David Gilmour ripping off The Alan Parsons Project & others?

Post by WebBrown »

Speaking about Van Morrison… It is very normal in music to learn from others and use it, while Alan was 100 percent PF, probably you could listen to Alan’s psyhodelic breakfast from Atom heart mother or remember that Bob Dylan was pretty much awfull to Syd, so you have Bob Dylan blues written by Syd …
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

WebBrown wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:31 pm Speaking about Van Morrison… It is very normal in music to learn from others and use it, while Alan was 100 percent PF, probably you could listen to Alan’s psyhodelic breakfast from Atom heart mother or remember that Bob Dylan was pretty much awfull to Syd, so you have Bob Dylan blues written by Syd …
Although Parsons engineered Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, the title refers to Alan Stiles (roadie), not Parsons.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

DarkSideFreak wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:03 am Although Parsons engineered Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, the title refers to Alan Stiles (roadie), not Parsons.
Ok if you have said so, but it does not change a bit even if Alan changed his name… Still he is 100 percent PF and yes he was an engineer on a lot PF sound so it is obvious they have helped him on his solo stuff and vice versa so I can’t see any kind of rip here…
Last edited by WebBrown on Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

*stares at his screen in amazement*

I can't recall the last time I saw a point so breathtakingly missed.

I'm kind of impressed.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

mosespa wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:12 am *stares at his screen in amazement*

I'm kind of impressed.
But it was edited seven times! Reminds me about the "make God fry their soils in batshit oil" social media post in that regard.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Yes of course, I agree most kindly, thanks , so please continue about same usual shit, who rip who or Waters vs others where you’ll probably find your inner self like Syd did …
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

mosespa wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:12 am *stares at his screen in amazement*

I'm kind of impressed.
I will tell no lie… If my clarity totally went of then why you are impressed since on the other side you’ll find quite opposite…
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Ah, now I understand everything. So, Alan is the hidden genius behind PF.
Especially in Alan Heart Mother with their masterpiece Alan's Psych Breakfast.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

If Alan Parsons was the genius behind Pink Floyd, he probably would've gone on to do anything worthwhile after the initial cash grab. Same goes for Roger Waters.
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Examples (3 different ones)

Alan Parsons Project featuring Ritchie Blackmore covering Time with guest vocals by the lead singer of Toto... ripped off by David Gilmour.

APP performs Mudmen with the London Symphony Orchestra and a 75 piece children's choir at the Royal Albert Hall, including 36 dancers and 11 fire eating magicians dressed in tie die robes...guest appearance by Gilmour who rips off The Raven. Featuring screen shots from the DSOTM tour edited with pictures of Edgar "Allan" Poe and the battle of Anzio. Show Title: Tales of Operation Shingle. Producer: Bob Ezrin. Executive Producer: Gene Simmons.

Claire Torry sues Alan Parsons for being ripped off by David Gilmour in Gilmour's new pf song titled : Great Gig In The Eye In The Sky. Roger Waters samples part of this song on his new album Is This The Song You Really Wanted To Rip Off?
Last edited by Kerry King on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

I firmly believe, also, that Alan "Pink" Parson is also the genius behind the whole The Wall concept.
I know it's crazy, but, if you believe in reincarnation, Alan Parson may very well be Bach reborn.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Eclipse wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:03 pm I firmly believe, also, that Alan "Pink" Parson is also the genius behind the whole The Wall concept.
I know it's crazy, but, if you believe in reincarnation, Alan Parson may very well be Bach reborn.
I'll be honest it was only at this comment I realised everyone had started being sarcastic :lol:
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

I really think knowledge fails when it comes to somebody who is nothing since his wish came straight from a heart and it will prove us all …

I think even if I was in doubt at first I really like here, so Keep talking…
Btw, great info …

I have heard that Alan Parson has this bound to some kid who was a bit good in programming and to who Division Bell is directly dedicated so I think it might be, you know …
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

WebBrown wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:11 pm I really think knowledge fails when it comes to somebody who is nothing since his wish came straight from a heart and it will prove us all …

I think even if I was in doubt at first I really like here, so Keep talking…
Btw, great info …

I have heard that Alan Parson has this bound to some kid who was a bit good in programming and to who Division Bell is directly dedicated so I think it might be, you know …
I'm sorry but I have real trouble understanding your posts. If English isn't your most fluent language, you might try using a translator like translate.google.com or https://www.deepl.com/translator :-;
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Ok I will try, thanks for advice ? Have you had read something from C.Castaneda since I think both Alan Parson and PF share very much same concept, although Castaneda is much more detailed since it is a book, of course ?