vinyl singles

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: vinyl singles

Post by twcc »

Hadrian wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:11 pm Here is another example of what I am taking about in my last message. This is an EMI one song CD single that came out in France only in 1994. It has the longer version of "Take It Back" (it runs at 7:07, the album version is 6:13)...
OFF TOPIC

Interesting, when the one song CD single was PROMO'd in the UK it was edited to 4m57s -
TakeItBack.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

twcc wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:29 pm Interesting, when the one song CD single was PROMO'd in the UK it was edited to 4m57s -
Yes indeed, that seems to be a radio edit.

As we are discussing this, it occurred to me that all studio tracks from these albums (TDB, AMLOR, TFC, The Wall, etc.) exist in unblended forms. The tracks were done individually first, and then the album was mixed from them as a package. It would be a spectacular special edition to have any/all of those albums as individual, unblended tracks. That would be a treat for the collectors \:D/
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Hadrian wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:44 pm As we are discussing this, it occurred to me that all studio tracks from these albums (TDB, AMLOR, TFC, The Wall, etc.) exist in unblended forms. The tracks were done individually first, and then the album was mixed from them as a package. It would be a spectacular special edition to have any/all of those albums as individual, unblended tracks. That would be a treat for the collectors \:D/
It would certainly make the fan editor in me scream for joy.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Hadrian wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:44 pm
twcc wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:29 pm Interesting, when the one song CD single was PROMO'd in the UK it was edited to 4m57s -
Yes indeed, that seems to be a radio edit.

As we are discussing this, it occurred to me that all studio tracks from these albums (TDB, AMLOR, TFC, The Wall, etc.) exist in unblended forms. The tracks were done individually first, and then the album was mixed from them as a package. It would be a spectacular special edition to have any/all of those albums as individual, unblended tracks. That would be a treat for the collectors \:D/
And all tracks without fade out please.
Sytze
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Sytze »

gunnarsen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:35 pm Hi folks! Am I right that none of these single mixes/edits have ever been released on cd?

-Flaming (2.44). US single mix, mono
-Let there be more light (3.00). US single mix, mono
-Remember a day (2.40). US single mix, mono
-One of these days (3.31). US promo single mix, mono
-Fearless (3.15). US promo single mix, mono
-Free four (3.30). US single edit
-Money (3.59). Single edit
-Us and them (3.15). US single edit
-Time (3.33) US single edit
-Have a cigar (3.29, 4.24). US & European single edits
-Shine on you crazy diamond, pt 1 (3.53). Single edit
-Another brick in the wall, pt 2 (3.11). Single edit
-Run like hell (3.41). Single edit
-Comfortably numb (3.59). Single edit
-Not now John (4.12). Single edit
-The Hero’s return (Pts I and II)(4.02). Single version with one extra verse.
Hello, first post here. Just wanted to point out that two tracks from this list are on official CD's: the original single edit of Money is on a 1-track promo CD (MONEY 1) and the single edit of Brick 2 was released on CD singles in USA (Columbia 03118, on 3") and France (EMI France 2044682), as well as on a compilation CD called 'The Marquee - 30 Legendary Years' on Polydor. All other tracks have, to my knowledge, never been released on CD.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Sytze wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:28 pm Hello, first post here. Just wanted to point out that two tracks from this list are on official CD's: the original single edit of Money is on a 1-track promo CD (MONEY 1) and the single edit of Brick 2 was released on CD singles in USA (Columbia 03118, on 3") and France (EMI France 2044682), as well as on a compilation CD called 'The Marquee - 30 Legendary Years' on Polydor. All other tracks have, to my knowledge, never been released on CD.
Great info, thank you!