About Face
No votes

Total votes: 15

Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David
Embryo
Embryo

Favourite SOLO Album

Post by Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David »

Vote Away, I have not heard them all yet but am going to vote on what I heard already. I pick Wet Dream.

If I could put more selections I would have put all their albums. I left out Nick Mason's solo's because I have heard like everyone bad mouth it so I put Barrett and Identity instead.
Last edited by Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David on Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

You have heard Nick Masons solo albums being bad-mouthed but you included Identity?.......that doesn't add up.....Identity is a steaming pile of crap...... Nicks Profiles album walks all over it......and while Ficticious Sports is not exactly Hall of Fame material as far as solo albums go, it makes for some often humorous easy listening.

Now I've got that off my chest.....my favorite solo album is Pros & Cons at the moment......it will be something different next week tho.
Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David »

[quote="FloydNZ"]You have heard Nick Masons solo albums being bad-mouthed but you included Identity?.......that doesn't add up.....Identity is a steaming pile of crap...... Nicks Profiles album walks all over it......and while Ficticious Sports is not exactly Hall of Fame material as far as solo albums go, it makes for some often humorous easy listening.quote]

Well I never heard Identity either but I like Wet Dream and Broken China and never heard Mason's albums but just heard bad things about them. I will switch it with Profiles though, just because we need a Mason album in it.
mattnewsome
Embryo
Embryo

Amused to Death

Post by mattnewsome »

IMHO, easily the best solo album is Amused to Death by Roger Waters. I really can't get on with RW solo stuff before then but, in spite of a few peculiarities and indulgences in his story, ATD is musically brilliant. It also seems to recapture the great Floyd tradition of RW specifying the metre and architecture of a song/album and a more capable musician (previously DG, on ATD it's Beck) bringing the musical ability to make that journey worthwhile.

I love it :D
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

Im with stupid ^^^

er i mean...

mattnewsome :)

(i agree)
jan_o
Embryo
Embryo

Amused to death

Post by jan_o »

The best solo album is Roger Waters´ Amused to death.
Gilmour´s self titled comes close.