Just a little high emotion brought by a lazy old woman

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
User avatar
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:17 pm
Location: Croatia

Just a little high emotion brought by a lazy old woman

Post by crofloyd »

It is true that automobiles work on oil, but it's also true that the biggest tree isn't a mole. It is made of glue. And my bike is red with little stars hanging around and every man has to look at it while reading news from Beirut. Strange noises come from a local pub where Ms Daisy Anderton performs her latest album "Designated Son Of The Muse".
SHINE ON...
bong
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:44 am
Gender: Male

Post by bong »

Well, automobiles use oil as a lubricant in the engine and transmission, and to perform other functions such as power assisted steering, where the oil is also used to perform hydraulic functions, but they usually use diesel oil or petroleum distillate as a source of fuel.
I believe the biggest trees are the California redwood.
I bleive that most trees are made of wood however, and not glue.
I don't have a bike, but my old one was red, and I used to set it o fire and ride around on it (seriously).
The local pub around here there are some strange noises coming from it but thats just drunk people.
User avatar
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:26 pm
Location: Finland

Post by Prkl »

I like ham! :shock:
User avatar
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4278
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:53 am
Location: Krud City

Post by drafsack »

Oil also cleans and cools the engine components and helps to seal the gap between the piston and the cylinder bore.
I do have a bike but it lives in the shed as I cant be bothered to put some oil on it.
User avatar
downinit1
Embryo
Embryo
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:14 am

Post by downinit1 »

this is pretty good and entertaining, but i'm not witty enough to add.. :shock: by the way, will you please explain the breakfast tentacles to me, i'm curious about them. :lol:
bong
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:44 am
Gender: Male

Post by bong »

drafsack wrote:Oil also cleans and cools the engine components and helps to seal the gap between the piston and the cylinder bore.
I do have a bike but it lives in the shed as I cant be bothered to put some oil on it.
I thought the piston rings sealed the gap between the piston and the cylinder bore.
User avatar
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4278
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:53 am
Location: Krud City

Post by drafsack »

This piston ring fills the clearance between the bore and the piston and the oil seals the ring to the bore. It also fills the gap between the piston and the back of the piston rings, thus reducing piston blow-by and limiting the amount of hydrocarbons entering the sump.
User avatar
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4278
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:53 am
Location: Krud City

Post by drafsack »

Downinit1 asked
by the way, will you please explain the breakfast tentacles to me, i'm curious about them.
They are a group from around Somerset/Dorset and were formed around a campfire at Stonehenge . Their music is not bad its like a fusion of '70s progressive festival hippy rock, ambient music and dub. Its very tight - lots of bells, flutes, guitars etc. A bit hippyish for me and a good place to start would be The Hidden Step and Jurassic Shift.
bong
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:44 am
Gender: Male

Post by bong »

drafsack wrote:This piston ring fills the clearance between the bore and the piston and the oil seals the ring to the bore. It also fills the gap between the piston and the back of the piston rings, thus reducing piston blow-by and limiting the amount of hydrocarbons entering the sump.
I was under the impression that the rings were ONLY for Sealing. And the Oil was for lubrication, and NOT sealing.
Also, there's a bigger gap between the inside of the ring and the groove in the piston than could be sealed by the thin film of oil that is likely to get in there
User avatar
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4278
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:53 am
Location: Krud City

Post by drafsack »

The oil forms a fluid seal between the piston ring and the bore that prevents the combustion gas from excaping between the two and therefore "helps" to seal the gap between the piston and the bore. If you do a dry compression test on an engine and follow that up with a wet compression test (by squirting a small amount of oil down the bore prior to the test) you should see that the compression pressure rised. This is because the oil is sealing the gap between the piston and the bore. Also a lot of oil collects behind the piston rings caused by the scraping action of the middle ring and oil control ring. This prevents excessive oil entering the combustion chamber area and therefore reduces oil consumption and emissions.
bong
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:44 am
Gender: Male

Post by bong »

drafsack wrote:The oil forms a fluid seal between the piston ring and the bore that prevents the combustion gas from excaping between the two and therefore "helps" to seal the gap between the piston and the bore. If you do a dry compression test on an engine and follow that up with a wet compression test (by squirting a small amount of oil down the bore prior to the test) you should see that the compression pressure rised. This is because the oil is sealing the gap between the piston and the bore. Also a lot of oil collects behind the piston rings caused by the scraping action of the middle ring and oil control ring. This prevents excessive oil entering the combustion chamber area and therefore reduces oil consumption and emissions.
Excellent
Smart man, here.
User avatar
Furious
Knife
Knife
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:38 pm
Location: Aide of Adel.

Re: Just a little high emotion brought by a lazy old woman

Post by Furious »

crofloyd wrote: "Designated Son Of The Muse".
This is actually an anagram for "Shine on You Crazy Diamond"










not really.

although they do have the same amount of letters. :p
User avatar
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:17 pm
Location: Croatia

Post by crofloyd »

Actually, Designated Son of The Muse equals Dark Side of The Moon.
But there IS a hidden message in the High Emotion brought by a Lazy Old Woman
User avatar
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:52 pm

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Well, no one's gonna figure it out, so wot is it?! :?
User avatar
Furious
Knife
Knife
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:38 pm
Location: Aide of Adel.

Post by Furious »

'Congratulations, you've found the hidden backwards message'

:p