Wall live performances available soon?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Wall live performances available soon?

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Me again (I have to get all this out!). I read in a December 1999? edition of Classic Rock magazine that James Guthrie? (excuse all the question marks - I can't remember a thing) was wading through laods of performances from 1980-81 and putting them together for a DVD? Huh?

Any info?

The images on the 'Other Side Of The Wall documentary were tantalizing!
Last edited by Feeling Very Pink on Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

yeah but i reckon those bits were the only bit in the entire film that actually turned out ok

amen that Dave's CN solo is preserved :)
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

In The Flesh!!
i read on rolling stone.com that they are releasing a dvd Of the wall live a Nassau(or was it Earls Court?) !!! it didnt say when but it says that david gilmour is watching over the editing!!!
shadrach
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shadrach »

i couldn't find anything about it on rollingstone.com, do you have a link because i am very interested in any info about a dvd release of the wall live
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Re: Wall live performances available soon?

Post by FloydNZ »

FeelingVeryPink wrote: I read in a December 1999? edition of Classic Rock magazine that James Guthrie was wading through loads of performances from 1980-81 and putting them together for a DVD? Huh?
The issue of Classic Rock magazine that had The Wall article was January 2000......it was said that he had been wading through AUDIO performances of The Wall concerts.....in the same article David Gilmour said that a video release of the concerts was unlikely because there wasn't enough quality footage.......and even if there is, it is Rogers decision wheather it is ever released.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Yeah, I heard somewhere that it would be his decision to release the footage. I don't think they'll ever be released. You know what Roger's like with that sort of thing although, it was his son that convinced him that 'Is There Anybody Out There' was a good idea. Maybe someone should get in touch with him.
Jintzey
Axe
Axe

Post by Jintzey »

Yeah I heard that the only reason The Wall isn't on DVD is because it's up to Roger and he so far doesn't want to for whatever reason. Why not though? Does he think the video is bad quality? I read in a David Gilmour interview once that he hates RoIO's because they tend to be bad quality recordings. With the extreme popularity of RoIOs, many of which are horrible quality, he/they should see that Floyd fans won't care about it being perfect and just want to see it already. Live in Pompeii isn't exactly the best of quality either but it's my favorite of the official videos, and I believe that it's coming out on DVD pretty soon. Maybe Roger thinks there is no need to release The Wall because he already has The Wall Live in Berlin out, but hello Rog, it's not the same! ;-)
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I canna wait for the Pompeii DVD - it comes out in March, I think? The director's cut, or something - I presume that's just the original film that came out in '72. The Dark Side footage BETTER be on it, too. Of course, twenty more hours of Nick Mason talking about pies wouldn't go amiss... No, really. It's classic stuff. I love it.
shadrach
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shadrach »

http://www.petitiononline.com/livewall/petition.html
i found an online petition to get the wall concert footage released
Franziskus
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Franziskus »

Thank you for posting this URL!

You may find more information here:
http://www.bruder-franziskus.de/petition/index.htm

Franziskus
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Id far rather they released another live album myself. I was half hopeing the 30th aniversary DOSTM release might have some bonus live stuff but sadly it didnt happen.