Album artwork post-waters

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

The artwork for MLOR screams, "Look at me! It's 1987, yuppie!" If you ask me, the Post-Waters Floyd artwork is a load of pretentious drivel. The artwork for DB and MLOR is essentially what it is (i.e., ostentatious to the extreme) because Pink Fraud and Co. wanted the entire packaging to be ludicrously pretentious. It makes me think the members of Mauve Floyd (i.e., Post-Waters Floyd, Pink Fraud, Pink Floyd Part II, whatever you want to call the surrogate band) and their business cohorts think Pink Floyd has always been about nothing except pretentiousness, which is not true of course. I feel it is ultimately a disgrace to The Legacy of Pink Floyd.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

quicksilver wrote: I like the Final cut art work as well but I wouldn't consider any post Waters covers dated in any way whatsoever. Every Pink Floyd cover is dated; as a matter of fact everything is dated. As soon as the artwork is complete it can be considered dated. I guess I don't understand your definition of "dated". The prism on DSOTM is dated because it was done 30 years ago but that doesn't mean I don't like it. I just think that you don't care for any post Waters material no matter what(which is fine because it's your opinion). I think TDB artwork is incrediblely well done and I don't see how anyone could not regardless if you like the music or not.
By 'dated' I mean something has an obvious origin in a particular time in the past. for example: I look at the artwork for 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason' and I say' 'look at the hideous typography and those ugly graphic elements, this must be from the late 80s'. and I look at 'the final cut' and say 'wow, simple type, nothing fancy, this could have been released last month'.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

decampos wrote:
quicksilver wrote: I like the Final cut art work as well but I wouldn't consider any post Waters covers dated in any way whatsoever. Every Pink Floyd cover is dated; as a matter of fact everything is dated. As soon as the artwork is complete it can be considered dated. I guess I don't understand your definition of "dated". The prism on DSOTM is dated because it was done 30 years ago but that doesn't mean I don't like it. I just think that you don't care for any post Waters material no matter what(which is fine because it's your opinion). I think TDB artwork is incrediblely well done and I don't see how anyone could not regardless if you like the music or not.
By 'dated' I mean something has an obvious origin in a particular time in the past. for example: I look at the artwork for 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason' and I say' 'look at the hideous typography and those ugly graphic elements, this must be from the late 80s'. and I look at 'the final cut' and say 'wow, simple type, nothing fancy, this could have been released last month'.
I completely understand your point: ie: The Clothing styles of APATGOD is definately 60's and the hair and clothing styles of the business men on WYWH is 70's.

I would also include AHM along the TFC