6%
12%

Total votes: 17

MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Best Touring year?

Post by MoreOrLess »

I know this is partly a ROIO subject but I feel it relates enough to the general history of pink floyd to be here. By best touring year Im mostly talking about the quality of the shows performed that year but also about that years importance to the band so try to discount the sound quality of the roio's from various years when making your judgement. Iv combined some years where I felt the bands show remained relatively static.

Its pretty dam close for me but id go with 72 as my fav year. You had darkside/eclipse being created on the road which led to the bands biggest sucess as well as featuring some great music never heard on record. As well as darkside you had the cream of the crop of the bands ealier work being played (Echoes, Eugene, Set the Control, One of these days etc) better than they had ever been before.

77 would be a very close 2nd mainly because of the large amout of improvisation made possable by using a second guitarist while playign such good material. After that id probabley go with 69 because of the importance of The Man/the Journey Suits to the devolpment of the band.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

The Wall concerts.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

77, all the members (cept syd) were present and put on great shows, legendary tour
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

From 1977 to 1994 are my favorite.
Jintzey
Axe
Axe

Post by Jintzey »

I would say The Wall concerts because of how theatrical they were, with the actual wall that was built and the falling bricks, etc.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

From Syd era to WYWH, the PINK FLOYD at their best. As for The Wall, they sound a bit plastic.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

crofloyd wrote:From Syd era to WYWH, the PINK FLOYD at their best. As for The Wall, they sound a bit plastic.
THATS BECAUSE THE PLASTIC ONO BAND WAS PLAYING BACKUP
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

I would much rather attend a 1977 or a 1987 tour rather than a wall tour. i love the wall and all, but i would rather see a show with less symbolism, and, if you ask me, the wall has too many pointless songs on it
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Ouch! :?
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Have to say I agree with DaveMatthewsFan musically the wall tour was possable the worst the band ever did if you ask me. Im not saying the shows were bad or anything just it seems to have devolped a reputation greater than I feel it deserves. The 77 tour is easly the most underated , far better musically than the wall shows and from what iv heard the visual show wasnt much worse either. I think alot of the negative opinion of 77 down to Rogers negative view of the tour which seems to have grown as times gone on. Iv listened to a few 77 shows and most of the time he seems to be in a great mood and even when hes not such as in montreal it doesnt damage the show at all. If anything I think it added to the show, Roger calling the fan over to him during Pigs is one of the classic moments in concert history.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

DaveMatthewsFan wrote:you ask me, the wall has too many pointless songs on it
If you ask me, MLOR is entirely made up of pointless songs.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

AMLOR has no depth as far as I can see but some of the songs are nice to listen to. :lol:
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

If you ask me, MLOR is entirely made up of pointless songs.
I dont think anyoens saying MOLR is a better album than the wall its just the band didnt just play MLOR and nothing else on the resulting tour did they?