ORCHESTAL VERSION OF ATOM HEART MOTHER

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Would you prefer a non-orchestra version of Atom Heart Mother Suite?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:04 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 4

white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

ORCHESTAL VERSION OF ATOM HEART MOTHER

Post by white rabbit »

I've heard different opinions about the work of Mr. Geesin with PF in 1970, a work that -in a certain way- has been criticized. Probably too much avant-garde for the moment, the band followers splitted in two bands: ..."masterpiece (I by myself)..." and "...absolute crap...". I realized that even the very members of the band weren't completely satisfied with the final product. Interestengly, well-known musicians (like Mr. Leonard Bernstein) really loved that work.
I have desired for a long time a very huge assamble of a high-rated orchestra (full orchestration, not just a brass section) and a live perfomance with the whole band, but such presentation it's completely impossible at this time.
Why can't we make a online poll about this issue?
Have everybody a nice day.
Otimist@ *
Embryo
Embryo

The Cow's cool!!!

Post by Otimist@ * »

Hello Morroco, I agree you. I think Pink Floyd might to realize a new Atom Heart Mother concert. It would be great! Have Pink Floyd Band ever to imaginate this possibility?
We must to hang on in order to can see... See you ///

VRC
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Depends some parts like the main riffs are better without while the choral section is obviously better with. Iv never been a massive fan of the song myself although the funky middle bit is exellent.