50%
No
50%

Total votes: 26

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Digitised audio lacks the sonic qualities of vinly. It sounds too square!
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

It's a proven fact that vinyl DOES sound better than CD, if your equipment is good enough that is...

http://howstuffworks.lycoszone.com/question487.htm
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

decampos wrote:does it really though? are you just saying that to appear cool?
NO. :?
I own about two hundred LPs and I listen to them as much as I do CDs - especially albums like Meddle, Dark Side and Wish You Were Here. I like both, but probably prefer LPs. Compact Discs are convenient and there is a higher freqency range. Plus, they sound great because my speakers are trucking good. :twisted:
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

FeelingVeryPink wrote:
decampos wrote:does it really though? are you just saying that to appear cool?
NO. :?
I own about two hundred LPs and I listen to them as much as I do CDs - especially albums like Meddle, Dark Side and Wish You Were Here. I like both, but probably prefer LPs. Compact Discs are convenient and there is a higher freqency range. Plus, they sound great because my speakers are trucking good. :twisted:
I think convenience is the key here. The difference in sound quality, to my ears, is negligible to say the least.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

"But there is a downside, any specks of dust or damage to the disc can be heard as noise or static. During quiet spots in songs this noise may be heard over the music. Digital recordings don't degrade over time, and if the digital recording contains silence, then there will be no noise."

This is the key for me.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

I like records. Certain modern devices lack character.yeah cds are superior, and I would hate to have a record player in my car but modern life isolates people from some of the simpler things in life.