Next!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Furious wrote:
'Seamus' is actually a lot of fun
Next!
Furious, your posts are not adding much to anything.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I have to disagree with that Radio Kaos review (getting 8 out of 10 indeed) but ultimatly the guy is entitled to his opinion and he does justify it so it's fine. Let him speak crap.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

He gave his opinion, and like he said in his disclaimer: "This page is not written by from the point of view of a Pink Floyd fanatic and is not generally intended for narrow-perspective Pink Floyd fanatics. If you are deeply offended by criticism, non-worshipping approach to your favourite artist, or opinions that do not match your own, do not read any further."

I most certainly agree with this:

"Since [Waters left the band, they] carried on as a trio, and their later days albums are often dismissed even by fans as tripe. I have all of these later albums (two studio ones and two live ones), and, although they probably don't deserve all the hate, they're pretty inane, mostly cashing in on the past glories. And why the hell did they need two live Waters-less albums? You got it, pal - the dough!"

Along with his reviews of MLOR and DB. These two quotes, along with numerous other comments in these two reviews, just CRACK me right up: "'A New Machine', with its spoken lines over organ playing that keep fading in and fading out, is a perfect example of how to make an unsuccessful Floyd parody, and the fact that Gilmour takes it all too seriously is even more terrifying to realize." & "...that lead us into 'High Hopes', well, this is just a little nostalgic piece that manages to do nothing except tell me: 'Remember how good we were then? Well we suck now!'"

However, I of course found myself disagreeing with him much, much, MUCH more often than not.
Last edited by Real Pink in the Inside on Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

I think he's very accurate regarding Post Waters Floyd..
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

kjnpf wrote:
Furious wrote: Next!
Furious, your posts are not adding much to anything.
oh come on, i dismissed the guy based on one quote of his.

how can i not be adding much to anything?
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

I don't know. I try to contribute where I can, and where I do, I think I do it well.

But I make one slightly humourous post (and Im sorry if you don't find it funny) and I get sidelined.

Now that's not fair.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am gilty of not reading the whole thread. :oops:
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

Damn it, Keith :P

I though i was going to get banned for blatant insubordination there :P

I think I'll go to bed now (being 2:30 am and all)

:mrgreen:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I have to say I disagree with most of what I read,but he did say he wasn't a Pink Floyd fan and it shows.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

NewEarthMud wrote:I think he's very accurate regarding Post Waters Floyd..
And of course you think he is less accurate concerning the other albums. Grow up !
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Spinoza wrote:
NewEarthMud wrote:I think he's very accurate regarding Post Waters Floyd..
And of course you think he is less accurate concerning the other albums. Grow up !
Grow up? I'm not going to argue with one who is obviously a dope by making comments like this towards me.

So I'm not going to argue I am just going to say that those are my opinions. I feel the guy is wrong in lots of his comments but instead of pointing out all of those the quicker thing to do was list things I really do agree with him about... which is lots of his comments about Post Waters Floyd..

Excuse me for giving my opinions, I thought that's what this place was all about.
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Reasonabley well written reviews I thought . While I generally liked everything more than him but alot of his favourite stuff was also mine. I found his praise for the live disk of Ummagumma to be a plesent change. Iv never felt that disk got its due as one of the most ahead of its time and influencial releases of the 60's. I mean pretty much every krautrock band you can think of was inspired by it.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

to NEM: if you agree with some of his points and with some others you disagree without pointing out the rational reason you do this, you could as well keep silent. You could at least take some time to analyse the criteria this guy uses to critizise ALL Floyd-albums. Probably he uses the same arguments to bash and critizise TDB / MLOR and the great 70' floyd albums.

BTW: i don't like sites where you can only read some useless opinions like: " i like More, it's so great, Animals is nice to, but The Wall is too long "; There is no need for that kind of rubbish; i have better things to do then.