A Momentary Lapse of Reason

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

David Smith wrote:
madcap69 wrote::lol: a new machine pt. 2 genius!!
is it just me or is this forum getting a lot funnier now. It's become a pleasure to moderate.
It IS you and it is getting funnier and it should be a pleasure to moderate. We are moderate people who are pleasurably funny!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Oh that totally came out wrongly, it's always been a pleasure to moderate, but it's even better when you get some incredibly funny comments like the afore mentioned new machine comment.

You're all great people and this is a great forum making it great to moderate such great people on a great forum :lol:
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

David Smith wrote:Oh that totally came out wrongly, it's always been a pleasure to moderate, but it's even better when you get some incredibly funny comments like the afore mentioned new machine comment.

You're all great people and this is a great forum making it great to moderate such great people on a great forum :lol:
I'm glad you like me David LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO L:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

You better be Bong. Same goes for everyone. In saying that i can imagine pm's going round everywhere saying "that david's a ****" But hey, long as i don't find out i don't care :lol:

Oh by the way, old git results up tomorrow, the answers have been checked and i shall name the winner and the forum's oldest git.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

David Smith wrote:Oh by the way, old git results up tomorrow, the answers have been checked and i shall name the winner and the forum's oldest git.
I forgot to take that test...is it too late, cause I'm sure I'd win. Is there a prize? Is there a feminine version of git, or is it gender neutral?
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

grateful pink wrote: AS Floyd began to become more Waters dominated, I still liked them but they had changed. Change is good. Stasis is not good in music. I always liked WYWH, Animals, The Wall, the final cut, but they were different (not worse--some better, some worse). Once Roger left, it was not the same. I love Dave, don't get me wrong. It was bad enough that Syd was gone. Dave was an awesome replacement. But once Roger left, they were not the same band (nor were they the same when Syd left).
:D
Wow, so what'd you think the first time you heard "Ummagumma"??? :)
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:
grateful pink wrote: AS Floyd began to become more Waters dominated, I still liked them but they had changed. Change is good. Stasis is not good in music. I always liked WYWH, Animals, The Wall, the final cut, but they were different (not worse--some better, some worse). Once Roger left, it was not the same. I love Dave, don't get me wrong. It was bad enough that Syd was gone. Dave was an awesome replacement. But once Roger left, they were not the same band (nor were they the same when Syd left).
:D
Wow, so what'd you think the first time you heard "Ummagumma"??? :)
I really like the live album and some of the studio. I liked "Ummagumma" alot. just love most of the post syd stuf. I'll say it again: i love Dave's guitar playing, singing and writing. The band just started sound different, not better or worse necessarily. I Love IT ALL!! (mostly) :lol:
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

By the way, I always see you UK people saying "old git" which as a dumb, stupid American I take to mean "old person" but not in such a nice way...
I guess that I am an "old git" being 45 years old. I believe that is older than a good number of you (I may be wrong but i do know that David is 16 at least and he is the moderator--and a nice one at that!).

I guess that if you are calling one of US the oldest git, then it must not be a derogatory word, huh? :lol: :lol:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

grateful pink wrote:I'll say it again: i love Dave's guitar playing, singing and writing. The band just started sound different, not better or worse necessarily. I Love IT ALL!! (mostly) :lol:
Dave's writing :?:

----

Anyway, I generally prefer Syd's singing style to David's, but I have a couple different VOIOs of Flaming, not lip-synched I don't think, where David is singing, and I must admit he does a great job, and dare I say I prefer it to Syd's.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Old git is a degrading term, but only when properly applied. The old git test doesn't properly prove an old git and therefore shouldn't cause offence, but a proper old git is someone like Mick Jagger who refuses to admit he's uncool and still beleives he's with the times.

If someone is with the times and is old then that's ok, if they're not then it's also ok, but if they're disallusioned then they are. My grandad for instance is an old git because despite being like 90 he still thinks he knows about rappers and stuff. A total embarassment.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

grateful pink wrote:
SydsMadcapGirl wrote: Wow, so what'd you think the first time you heard "Ummagumma"??? :)
I really like the live album and some of the studio. I liked "Ummagumma" alot. just love most of the post syd stuf. I'll say it again: i love Dave's guitar playing, singing and writing. The band just started sound different, not better or worse necessarily. I Love IT ALL!! (mostly) :lol:
I agree Grateful Pink, well said.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

David Smith wrote:Old git is a degrading term, but only when properly applied. The old git test doesn't properly prove an old git and therefore shouldn't cause offence, but a proper old git is someone like Mick Jagger who refuses to admit he's uncool and still beleives he's with the times.

If someone is with the times and is old then that's ok, if they're not then it's also ok, but if they're disallusioned then they are. My grandad for instance is an old git because despite being like 90 he still thinks he knows about rappers and stuff. A total embarassment.
I thought old git might be a "geezer-in-training" :lol:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

grateful pink wrote:I thought old git might be a "geezer-in-training" :lol:
Whatever happened to the term "boring old fart?" Or is that an old git term?

Can I say fart?
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

"old dosser" is another.
Mother
Embryo
Embryo

Re: A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by Mother »

I remember it being a darn sight better than that atrocity Radio KAOS at the time. Loved it and still do. Even Dogs of War. Best Floyd album cover ever too.