Your Favourite Solo Album?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Your Favourite Solo Album?

Post by MoreOrLess »

Out of the many solo albums the members of pink floyd have relased(including Barret) which is your favourite. Now I know this isnt really a pink floyd topic but as it relates to all the members I think it should be on this forum.

Myself id go with Gilmours first solo album as for me its the only solo album that was written while the guy who did it was near his artisic peak. It might have one or two misteps but to me it sounds more like pink floyd than anything else released afterwards (thats including the wall).
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Roger Waters - Amused To Death. I love that album!!
NiceJangly
Axe
Axe

Post by NiceJangly »

Madcap
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi new here.. I think 'Amused to Death' has got to be the best solo album. It's lyrical genious!! The title track is one of Rog's best ever songs IMO.
BTW Gilmours first album is ok (I really like 'There's no way out of here').
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

I think Gilmour's solo stuff is awful. From the little I've heard of Rick's stuff, I think I prefer it over Dave's but I've no urge to go and track any of it down. Don't know any of Nick's. Roger's stuff is tricky. With the greatest respect, each album is all to much the same and his singing style can get a little torturous ... I have to be in the right mood to listen to any his albums ... maybe I'll go and listen to ATD again.
Out of all of them I prefer Syd's solo stuff. Some songs are open sores and are quite upsetting but lots of of them are quite enjoyable and wonderfully eccentric sounding. My favorite syd songs are the ones that actually make some sense: Here I Go, Effervescing Elephant, Bob Dylan Blues ... erm ...
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I like Amused To Death the most. Musically and lyrically, it really strikes a chord with me.

I'm not a huge fan of Rick's solo stuff (I like a few moments on his Wet Dream album. Broken China did nothing for me). I would rather listen to a seal give birth than listen to Nick's "solo" material again. I think David's first solo album is quite balanced, although his second album has just as many dull moments as it does good. Syd's stuff is, well, Syd's stuff...I never could really get into his solo material. Maybe some day...

I am looking forward to Roger's and David's next solo albums, although all of these delays are rather disappointing.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Dave's second album is pretty bad IMO.
'Love on the Air' and 'Blue Light' just make me cringe! The only 2 I think are decent are 'Murder' and 'The End'. One of the last lines of the record is 'Will you just turn it over and start again?' and I'm thinking NO NO !! lol
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

THE BEST solo album is The Final Cut. Beat that!!!!!!!!!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I rekon the pros and cons of hitchhiking or the madcap laughs are the best. Hmm. Probably pros and cons.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Umma Gumma.
It is a compilation of the memebers own solo efforts on the same disk.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Nice answer.
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

About Face. Seriously. I'll even go so far as to say it's one of my favorite albums, period.

I've never heard any of Nick's solo stuff, and very little of Rick's. I've got Amused to Death and both of Dave's, and I liked Pros/Cons alright so it'll be my next. But anywho, I think there's some very cool stuff on About Face...Murder and Near the End are prolly the best, but You Know I'm Right and Out of the Blue are really good too. Blue Light sucks, let's not go there. And Cruise is a cool little song even if it's nothing Floyd would touch with a 20 ft. pole.
UntilWeSleep
Axe
Axe

Post by UntilWeSleep »

Both of David Gilmour's Albums, Rogers Waters Amused To Death is awesome, and Rick Wright's Wet Dream & Boken China Is amazing.
summer68
Axe
Axe

Post by summer68 »

a tie between David Gilmour's self titled debut and Rick Wright's "Wet Dream"
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

1.All of Syd's solo stuff
2.Roger--Amused to Death