Echoes Compilation

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Echoes Compilation

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I bought the Echoes album a couple of days ago,i'm a bit slow i know,but anyway,i was sat down just reading the liner notes of the CD,and it struck me,what an absolutely amazing body of work Pink Floyd have amassed over the years,forget if you agree or not with the track listing,the fact that more great music had to be omitted goes to prove my point even more so,each time i turned the page of the liner notes,more and more great music just kept coming at me,the contribution that these 5 men have made to modern music cannot be statted enough,and all this talk about Roger V David,Syd's health,etc,should be put aside when you just listen to the music,this album is great for the car,i have just bought a new CD player for my car,and this is great to listen to when driving,and i have only got through side 1,the only word you can use for Pink Floyd's contribution to modern music is:ASTOUNDING !!!!!!!!!.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I bought echoes for the sake of it. It is interesting listening to the songs out of context but I prefer to listen to the albums in context and in chronological order!! I am strange... but true! :lol:
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

Ditto. I bought Echoes the morning it was released, just so I could say I did. I've listened to it once since. I highly prefer the uncut versions in their original sequence, but I'm glad there's finally a "greatest hits" album for the less-hardcore fans to pickup.
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Ehhhh

Post by Stiggs »

Once you already own all the Pink Floyd albums (as in me) why buy Echoes?

And has anyone seen a commercial for a new Pink Floyd CD set they're selling now? It's like DSOTM, AHM, Animals, The Wall, WYWH and I think Echoes...why? Honestly that is such a scheme for $$...not to get PF to the people.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Firstly,i bought Echoes mainly to get "When The Tigers Broke Free" on CD,and because i want to own all the Floyd albums,but i think everyone is missing the point of my thread,i was talking about the floyd's body of work,and the contribution they have made to modern music,it's just that it only really struck my when reading the "Echoes" liner notes
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

On the subject of Echoes is the title track edited down at all? I heard rumours before the release it would be 18 mins long instead of 23 which would mean cutting out the seaguls section as well as trimming the start and the end id guess.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

16:30

It's quite successful as an edit, I think. Could be worse. Loses its momentum a bit, though. Good to have it on the compilation. Mind ewe, it is the title track. :)
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

I thikn its not bad.
I am however, disappointed that Echoes was shortened and that they only had shine on pt. 1-7 or whatever.

Edited by moderator, watch your language