Echoes
3%

Total votes: 29

Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Best album artwork

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Piper? More? Obscured By Clouds? Only joking. I thought everyone would go for Wish You Were Here, for some reason, but maybe not, we'll see.

I left out the above albums 'cause they're not that good, and compilations 'cause they're not, like, albums. Er, except for Echoes that is.

Ta.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Dark Side all the way, that has a totally timeless cover that has about as much mysery behind it as the band themselves. Brilliant and thought provoking stuff. I've got a huge poster of it on my wall now
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Animals is a very atmospheric cover with a fantastic late afternoon winter sky. It reflects the fantastic music on the album and also reflects the dispare at the time - a winter of discontent, a failing Labour government on its last legs which was soon to be cast aside by Thatcher and her Government with her right wing rich get richer, poor get poorer atitude.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

David Smith wrote:Dark Side all the way, that has a totally timeless cover that has about as much mysery behind it as the band themselves. Brilliant and thought provoking stuff. I've got a huge poster of it on my wall now
I agree, well said.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

P.S. I tried putting up A Collection Of Great Dance Songs after all - GREAT cover - but I couldn't. Think I've maximized. :?
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

dark side, everyone knows it, its a universal pink floyd symbol
pfco

Post by pfco »

Like music, even art can be relative to one's tastes I think. I'm going down a different path here by saying I like them all actually for one reason, the art seems pretty well related to the album it represents. Some are more relative than others, but I think they did a good job with them all basically.

Sandy
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Id say animals myself looks great and is a good visual representation of music contained within.
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Artwork in DSOTM is classic... even if you don't know about Pink Floyd, you can recognise DSOTM cover... Like it very much.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:) A nice pair :P
bmet
Knife
Knife

Best Album Cover

Post by bmet »

Wish You Were Here -Hands Shake!...I mean Hands Down!
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

:) I think over all, as an LP thing, Wish You Were Here is the bestest. It's quite a thrill taking the inner sleeve out and thoroughly examining it. Mmm. :oops: :lol: :wink:
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

madcap69 wrote::) A nice pair :P
Yeah, a nice pair is cool, especially the one without the sticker :twisted:
I think they all have their merits (not too sure about obscured by clouds--but in a way, the out of focus is cool) Some of my plain white cover b**tleg records are cool as you can imagine them for yourself! :lol:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Hmm, interesting results. The Division Bell does indeed have a magnificent cover. Striking is an understatement. Nothing for Delicate Sound Of Thunder, eh? Still original and inventive, as I'm sure you'll agree. No votes for Meddle and Final Cut I can understand, although the group photo in the former and the cleaver-in-back in the latter are both classic Floyd images. Wish there were more for Wish, though. What a package. :)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Did Pink Floyd have anything to do with their covers and the videos played during concerts, or did some other people just design and record them for them?