POMPEII LP

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Mad Hatter
Embryo
Embryo

POMPEII LP

Post by Mad Hatter »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew the value on this rare record. Anyways, I currently have it up for auction on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dllVie ... egory=1593
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I would say that it doesn't have a very high value as it's obviously a ROIO...and considering how easy it is for one to make a CD of Pompeii on their own, I'd say it's worth even less.
Mad Hatter
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Mad Hatter »

It's not a obviously a ROIO. In fact it's not one at all. It was released on Edgard Rubabande records in 1986 (DAGO 523). Is there anyone more knowledgable out there with a value?
Mad Hatter
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Mad Hatter »

I think Ebay keeps changing the link, so if this link doesn't work try searching under pompeii record

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=1593
summer68
Axe
Axe

Post by summer68 »

It's definitely a RoIO. It was released without Pink Floyd's consent. It's not an official release, so most would call it a b**tleg, but RoIO sounds much nicer :D

It would still have some value, as it's an original LP, but I don't know what its value would be.
Mad Hatter
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Mad Hatter »

Jintzey
Axe
Axe

Post by Jintzey »

I have a copy of the "Goldmine Record Album Price Guide" (the industry standard reference for vinyl values as far as I am aware of) and it has no mention of this LP. However, I noticed that this book is severely incomplete for Pink Floyd releases so that doesn't mean that it isn't official (whether it really is or not, I don't know... even b**tleggers can create their own catalog numbers and labels to make it look official). I suppose the best way to determine its value, if there is no other "official" reference where you could look up this information, is that it is only as valuable as what people are willing to pay for it.
summer68
Axe
Axe

Post by summer68 »

I looked in "The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia" and it's not listed at all. The only mention of Pompeii is the "Live at Pompeii" movie. There are tons of different bootlegs made by different record companies of the same material. Would I like to see it officially released? Of course. That's the first place I heard Echoes and it's still my favorite version to this day.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Definitely the best version. :) I don't know much aboot bootlegs, but, theoretically, there'll be a huge increase in 'bootlegs' when the DVD comes out because of the improved audio. I'm certainly going to dub off a copy. :)

By the way, did anyone in Britain see South Park last night? Cartman said 'Ha, ha, charade you are'. Brilliant. :lol:
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

8) I'll give you $2.50 for it
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I saw that south park ages ago (it's the one with cartman's cat doing... well stuff, yeah?) and noticed the line. Although i just presumed it was a coincidence.