Can a re-united Floyd tour again? No! /Record Again?..Yes!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
bmet
Knife
Knife

Can a re-united Floyd tour again? No! /Record Again?..Yes!

Post by bmet »

I don't think a re-united Pink Floyd of Waters,Gilmour,Mason,& Wright
could ever tour worldwide again.They would probably have to play each
important city for 2-3 Nights each to cover the material that people would
expect to hear.DSOTM would be played in its entirety and the second
half of a show would consist of selected songs from albums covering
early days to The Wall.But WYWH could also be played in its entirety, perhaps in the second night but you might have to announce to the fans which night would feature what entire compositon.(I guess the arguement of "lose of spontaneity" wouldn't be a factor today, what with internet
websites listing setlists for tours before thay hit your town).The Wall,as
a complete composition could only be done at specific shows, (Perhaps,
once again- NY,LA,London,Paris,etc.),thus foresaking most of the other
material.It would be a huge costly undertaking & I'm sure and none of
the band members would want to do it.A Possible Solution :What they could do is gather in one place and film (or broadcast) a concert(s) and release them on DVD worldwide! There's an idea to solve that problem!

But could they perhaps record another Album together again...Sure!
why not!Pink Floyd could pull a "Sgt. Pepper" as I like to call it.
If Roger had a concept in mind and Dave & Rick put their musical
minds together,I'm sure they could put out one last treat for the fans
Something to shake up this current form of ....(insert sarcasm here)..."Popular Music" we have today! (Do I sound like a 43 Year old OLD guy here??).And...what with DVD avaliable,I'm sure they could recruit Storm to perhaps present some visual release to accompany the new music.

What are Your Thoughts?

bmet
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I don't think there will be a re-union. They're all pushing 60 and none of them have absolutely ANY reason to bother being a part of some supposedly feel-good "re-union" (Anyway you look at it, it would just be a sham IMO).

They've been done for many years now. There's no point in hoping for a re-union.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I for 1 would love to see it and they would have something to gain.They could get the critical acclaim( such as a grammy)also the money.If they did make a finale album (I mean a really good 1)and said this was really the last they could make some killer $.I don't care what anybody says about not needing the money,people can always use it.Dave could donate his to his charities (people and the enviroment),or whatever he and the rest chose to do with it there would be plenty of it to go around.If they even had Syd come back for 1 song it would push it even more. I really don't see them touring except maybe a limited number of events.I think it would be more likely they would preform 1 concert and sell it on dvd and vhs.You never know what could happen,they might decide they don't like how it has ended(if we have truely seen the end of the current P-F)and decide to do it one more time with them all to get it right.You can always dream and I do wish they were here.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

An album yes, tour no gilmour and waters would never share a stage. They could do a album and neither one would have to be in the studio at the same time. Plus I'm sure Roger Wouldn't want to perform any MLOR, D.B. music.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

What exactly do you define as "important cities"?

Worst thread ever.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:twisted: london, Roughly 50 U.S. Cities , Montreal, Mexico, 2nd leg of U.S. Tour 20-25 cities, Rio & 2 or 3 other south american cities, 3rd leg U.S. Tour 5 nights each L.A., ST. Louis, New york. paris, Berlin, rome, 3 nights London. Retire, sounds good to me. :wink:
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

madcap69 wrote::twisted: london, Roughly 50 U.S. Cities , Montreal, Mexico, 2nd leg of U.S. Tour 20-25 cities, Rio & 2 or 3 other south american cities, 3rd leg U.S. Tour 5 nights each L.A., ST. Louis, New york. paris, Berlin, rome, 3 nights London. Retire, sounds good to me. :wink:
What the fuck about Toronto, Calgary/Edmonton, Vancouver, Ottawa, andWinnipeg ?
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

why should london get three nights? is it just so much better than every other city that it gets to see pf for 3 nights? also the others who get 5
Last edited by Tommy on Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

madcap69 wrote::twisted: london, Roughly 50 U.S. Cities , Montreal, Mexico, 2nd leg of U.S. Tour 20-25 cities, Rio & 2 or 3 other south american cities, 3rd leg U.S. Tour 5 nights each L.A., ST. Louis, New york. paris, Berlin, rome, 3 nights London. Retire, sounds good to me. :wink:
I don't think any of them could handle such a massive tour...
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

8) Ya...probally do just the U.S. Part. :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

If they did tour they would look a bunch of old gits though. It was bad enough with pulse, but Dave and Roger both getting a microphone and singing We don't need no education." That certainly wouldn't be nice.

The thing is, if they reunited for an album then it would probably be a concept album which would take the first half of the show, limiting the amount of songs, while if Roger wasn't involved then half the audience would just secretly wish he was.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

Well, if they don't reunite again, than what's the purpose of this forum and this website?
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

crofloyd wrote:Well, if they don't reunite again, than what's the purpose of this forum and this website?
To keep the memory alive
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

crofloyd wrote:Well, if they don't reunite again, than what's the purpose of this forum and this website?
Its so we can promote flame wars and Dave Vs Roger arguments.
bmet
Knife
Knife

Can the Floyd reunite to tour again?(supplemental)

Post by bmet »

From the guy who started the discussion.

Well if they don't tour or record anything new -then I think I speak
for everyone in saying:

OPEN THE VAULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out those outtakes,alternate versions,experimental tracks
(ie."Household Objects" tracks),Live Recordings,etc,etc,etc,
and give it to us!!!!!!!!!!!
Make a DVD with all the available footage and interviews you can
find.....Make a Pink Floyd Anthology (Like the Beatles did).
You know people will pay money for this!! AAHHH!!!

Boy,That felt good!
Good Evening all! bmet