7%

Total votes: 27

Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

TDB

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Okay, David Smith, here's that poll!
Last edited by Feeling Very Pink on Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Okay, I'm going to repeat myself. For those who missed it the first time ...

The Division Bell - my opinion:
The album just plods and plods and plods and has such a swampy thick heavy suffocating sound. Every song has the same tempo and pointless bluesy riffing and the words are mostly meaningless to me. I'm all for albums having a consistent feel throughout - I'm a fan of concept albums but not when the concept is blandness and middle age.
UntilWeSleep
Axe
Axe

Post by UntilWeSleep »

I love it. One of my favorite Pink Floyd albums.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I think it is a really good album,not DSotM but it's not suppose to be.It is deeper than most people give it credit.For those that Dave knew wouldn't like it because Roger wasn't in it he wrote What Do You Want From Me for you.
Last edited by flashback on Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

i honestly couldnt vote, my vote would lie between the one about a good album with some great songs and the next one. i dont think its a great album, and certainly not a great pink floyd album, but it does have some good moments. i enjoy wearing the inside out very much, its my second favorite rick song. it has some other good songs too, but its just not a great album
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Thanks for putting it up, i was going to today but you've saved me a lot of time and effort :D

I had to vote good album which is an overration, but it's certainly not boring/ crap so d you think you could put one more option in? Just a half way point for people like me who think of it as a 3 star album? Cheers if you can.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

flashback wrote:For those that Dave knew wouldn't like it because Roger wasn't in it he wrote What Do You Want From Me for you.
Samson AND Gilmour wrote the lyrics to WDYWFM. You really should give his wife the credit she is due!
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Do you really think Samson and Dave wasn't on the same page.She knew what Dave was thinking and besides it dosen't bother me if she helped write it all.I'm sure Dave bounced ideas off of her.There is no real difference who helped Dave because it doesn't matter.It's the same as when Roger got Dave's help, but at least Dave was good enough to give credit where it was do.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

It stands on its own good for the post -waters floyd it is definetly there best work.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Well, just thought I'd let you know that this was going rather nicely until I messed up the poll. I'll put the 'in between' one after the 'crap' one, but really it goes between the 'good' and 'overlong' ones. Hmm. :roll:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I can't believe that I'm about to say this...(mosespa pulls out his can opener and grabs the can of worms)

I think TDB is a step in the right direction for the post-Waters Floyd...that is, if it's going to continue. But what I find rather interesting is how TDB seems to support the notion that the "Classic Pink Floyd Sound" is largely Rick Wright's creation.

Notice that the albums that have the least input from Rick sound the least "Floydian" in the classic sense...Animals, The Wall, The Final Cut, AMLOR...and then, with TDB, they actually recapture that classic sound...perhaps in a more modern sense, though.

Comments?
BN22
Embryo
Embryo

Post by BN22 »

I LOVE DB, IT REMINDS ME OF A LOT OF GOOD TIMES I HAD WHEN I WAS INTRODUCED TO THE ALBUM.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Edited by moerator

Real Pink, if you have a problem with this then pm me.
grant
Embryo
Embryo

Post by grant »

hiah

in my opinion its a solid and mature album, rick wright's welcomed return. 8)
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

When I think of a song I think of 2 things music and lyrics.We all know Roger had the general idea of music for his songs but them Dave would take and improve them a lot.He didn't get the credit for actually bring a lot of songs to life like he should of.So when Samson or whoever helped him on a song on the TDB he tried to give them credit,as it should be. If people would listen to it without preconceptions and this it isn't PF without Roger they would be suprised at how good it is.As I have said before it isn't DSotM but it isn't supposed to be now is it.