Hidden Audio

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hidden Audio

Post by Keith Jordan »

In several Pink Floyd and Roger Waters songs, thre are secret messages included "underneath" the audio you listen to. Sometimes it is reversed, slowed down or just disguised.

Below is a page from the multimedia section of this site. If you want to listen to the clips you need to be a subscriber to the site newsletter and have the usernams and password to view the page.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/multi ... ?id=hidden

Multimedia - Hidden Audio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't this is where... we came in?
This is not a backwards message but another hidden message from "The Wall". At the very end of the 2nd CD (The song "Outside The Wall"), you hear a voice saying "isn't this..." and at the very beginning of the 1st CD (The song "In The Flesh?"), you hear a voice saying "...we came in?". Put it all together and amplify it a little and this is what you'll come up with.

Click here to hear clip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empty Spaces
Congratulations, You have just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to old pink, care of the funny farm, Chalfont...(interruption) Roger, Carolyn's on the phone! (Roger) Okay!

Click here to hear clip

Amused To Death: Perfect Sense
When Roger Waters made the "Amused to Death" album, He wanted to use a clip from "2001 A Space Odyssey" that included "HAL's" shutting down voice along with the breathing effects that accompany it. When he asked permission from "Stanley Kubrick" his request was denied so Roger decided it was pay back time. He used his own breathing effects along with a backward "HAL" sounding dialogue that goes something like this:

"Julia, (long pause) however, (long pause) in the light of the recent issues, Stanley, (medium pause) we've changed our minds. (pause) We have decided to include a backward message, (long pause) Stanley, (pause) for you, (pause) and for all the other book partners".

The next bit is a loud rant in a Scottish accent. I removed most of the music and slowed the pitch down to reveal what he is screaming...

"You ain't gonna get away Stanley, it's your loss Stanley, right Stanley?"

It doesn't sound like what he said before in the normal clip but the slowed down clip reveals it!!

Click to hear complete clip or just the rant.

Ummagumma

There is a hidden message on Ummagumma. It says "That was pretty Avant Garde wasn't it?" Straight after that there is another part to the hidden message but it has been slowed down so that you can't make it out.

I speeded the second part of the clip up and you can listen to that separately. I really don't know what Roger is saying in his Scottish accent! Sounds like "I wanna quit". Let me know your suggestions on the forum.

Click here to listen to it normal version.

Click here to listen to speeded up version!

Atom heart Mother

There is also a hidden message on Atom Heart Mother. It says "silence in the studio". Click here to listen to it.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I would not say "silence in the studio" on Atom heart Mother was hidden its as audable as One of these days Im going to cut you into little pieces from One of these days
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

I like these clips. Not sure what that speeded up version is but i think Keith may be right. Where do you find out about these??

I also agree that "silence in the studio" is not hidden. It is even more apparrent in the quad version of AHM.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

grateful pink wrote:Where do you find out about these??.
The 18 CD set A Tree Full of Secrets and the internet were a help.